High Performance Lubricants PCMO Series

anyone know what additives HPL uses? Like moly, etc? figured the additives are what makes it so special

ordered 4 gal of "standard" 10-30 as i appreciate the input from HPL, a long time looker but first time buyer. i generally use wallys off the shelf fake synthetics BUT this will hopefully be a step up for my daily 2011 fronty 4.0 + i hesitate with girlfriends 18 kia optima as its oil is VERY BLACK in only 5 thou 6 month changes with its DI. we both drive little being retired so my fronty goes a year between with little more than 5 thou as i have a summer roadster + 3 motorcycles which get rare use at 75 YO!!! truck takes about a qt between changes so time will tell if the HPL is better than typical off the shelf 10-30 fake synthetic mainstream oils

Last edited:
Don't hesitate with the Kia Forte Benjy. Your basic HPL is still better than anything on the Walmart shelf.
If both vehicle are high miles, keep an eye on the oil filters, which may load-up quicker than you realize.
I'm pretty excited to pull out the filter at 5K to see how well its loaded. The oil is darker than normal at 4K miles currently

The lighter colored dip stick is what my oil usually looks at 5K before running HPL.

Agreed, but it also includes the selection of better additives in the overall formulation. Star polymer VII, for example, that lasts longer than regular VII.

All contribute to the performance of the oil in service.
I find it a bit confusing at their website on which product has which Viscosity Index Improver. I'm on the regular PCMO doing my first 10K extended drain trials. Even though my main interest of these are mainly from cleaning abilities of the oil to clean out old deposits overtime.

20240324_140647.jpg

20231010_105219.jpg

My Signature showing Amsoil use and love affair for HPL in a couple dozen past replies, says otherwise Adam.
I'll just blame it on the small phone screen you read the posts from.
Happy Easter Sir.

anyone know what additives HPL uses? Like moly, etc? figured the additives are what makes it so special
It’s not just the base oils or additives that makes it special. It’s the fact that they use the best base oils for the given application target, then pick the add packs that work best with those base oils and use experience with the additives to make sure they deliver better and longer performance. They also have a higher antioxidant level to allow longer drains. It’s not any one thing with their oils, it’s the overall product that is special.

I need to buy an oil analysis kit soon, never done this before on my car so I'll ask away how does the sampling process goes. Does the kit comes with some sort of pump and tube or is that normally purchased separately? Sampling the oil from the filter might get real messy and will introduce outside contaminants to the oil, even if by a little.

I need to buy an oil analysis kit soon, never done this before on my car so I'll ask away how does the sampling process goes. Does the kit comes with some sort of pump and tube or is that normally purchased separately? Sampling the oil from the filter might get real messy and will introduce outside contaminants to the oil, even if by a little.
Get a Napa Wix kit. Shop around online. It comes with a piece of tubing for sampling and includes tbn at no additional cost.

I was generally satisfied with Blackstone. However, the last sample from me was charged to my credit card and I never got back the report from them. Several months I made contact with them again and was told they were sending it. Nothing ever came.

I was generally satisfied with Blackstone. However, the last sample from me was charged to my credit card and I never got back the report from them. Several months I made contact with them again and was told they were sending it. Nothing ever came.
Yeah been seeing lots of negative feedback from their service and lack of accuracy of some things such as fuel dilution in oil samples. Becoming a big name in such a an industry can lead to a culture of complacency, losing integrity in the process.

I'm leaning towards Caterpillar SOS oil analysis service or might buy the HPL sampling kit linked here a few pages back here. Looking to see which services do combined service of including ISO particle count for a good price.

2023 Civic Si, 15k miles

got PCMO Pemium 0w20 in my car. went from 34 MPG average to 39.5 on my shift last night as a delivery driver. smashed my previous record of 36.4. I also used CRC Intake/Turbo cleaner and added a bottle of Redline SI-1 to the fuel tank before changing the oil. Engine sounds smoother/quieter than Mobil 1 EP. Very happy with the oil.

Great oil for high miles drivers. HPL will get the job done easily for you.
What products do you deliver? Driving a 2023 must pay well.
I deliver and pickup Special Needs kids. It pays well enough to afford 4 and 5 year-old S. Korean vehicles.

My wife says I deliver and pickup several Special Needs kids and one Special Needs bus driver named T7.

I can't find anything regarding the ability to enter a userrname and password at hplubricants.com, in order to view typical elemental concentrations for HPL.
That information has been posted in the appropriate threads in their respective sub-forum.

For example, in this very thread:

That information has been posted in the appropriate threads in their respective sub-forum.

For example, in this very thread:
And the comment about a password requirement, is a three year old comment, by a member who hasn’t been here in the past three years. So, let’s stop worrying about it, shall we?

Back