Anyone looked into/used Champion SYNGOLD Oil?

Long story short, my family business is talking to a company to potentially become a distributor of their product lines. As I was researching the company I spotted Champion Hi-Tech Lubricants ( https://www.championbrands.com/products/ ) being one of the product lines offered. Noticed they offered what seems to be a pretty good line-up of products and I figured BITOG would be the place to see if people had talked about the brand or used the fluids, but surprisingly, I couldn't find anything.

So, just curious if anyone here has used any of their fluids? Is there a parent or partner company that does the making/packaging for them? Just overall curious about them as they are a fellow Missouri business.

This was one offering I checked out because I am looking at Euro 5W30's for the upcoming winter in my truck and has some of the specs a lot of Euro oil users look for. (Last Revision was done 01/20) Only place I could find offering it for sale is Amazon and online retailers, though.

Little Lubrizol spec web of it:

Attachments

• lubrizol-specification-c(1).jpeg
    lubrizol-specification-c(1).jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Ugh “specs a lot of Euro oil users look for”. The problem is Euro oil users don’t look for “specs” they look for approvals, and it appears this oil is yet another of the numerous faceless oils out there that have none.

And that spider chart is worthless. You can’t use them across approvals like that.

I’d be wary of their other offerings in terms of API licenses as well. Verify any claims against the EOLCS Directory.

Ugh “specs a lot of Euro oil users look for”. The problem is Euro oil users don’t look for “specs” they look for approvals, and it appears this oil is yet another of the numerous faceless oils out there that have none.

And that spider chart is worthless. You can’t use them across approvals like that.

I’d be wary of their other offerings in terms of API licenses as well. Verify any claims against the EOLCS Directory.
I appreciate the response. What I meant by "specs" (blanked on "approvals" when I wrote the post) is that it had the Porsche C30, VW, and MB that guys seem to look for.

I appreciate the response. What I meant by "specs" (blanked on "approvals" when I wrote the post) is that it had the Porsche C30, VW, and MB that guys seem to look for.
Yes and I meant that “specs” or the language used in that PDS is very different than having the actual approval. What the PDS says is pretty meaningless. They can say anything they want.

If it were a commercial setting where I was responsible for the oils being used in a vehicle I’d never use that oil for one of those approvals. Ever.

Yes and I meant that “specs” or the language used in that PDS is very different than having the actual approval. What the PDS says is pretty meaningless. They can say anything they want.

If it were a commercial setting where I was responsible for the oils being used in a vehicle I’d never use that oil for one of those approvals. Ever.
Ah, I gotchya now! They phrased in a way to seem it meets approvals, but doesn't and won't be stamped on the bottle anywhere since they didn't do the testing. Thanks!

It's not your use of the term. It's the company's...
I doubt most consumers will discern the difference.

1698175834117.png

Luckily, we aren't looking into the main distributor for lubricants. I was kind of hoping that maybe I had a way to get a decent oil at wholesale pricing, though :LOL:

This is how it should be written if the oil has approvals. Especially the Mercedes-Benz ones that are required to be written in a specific manner.

Now there are actual approved oils out there that don't do it correctly (what I call reverse obfuscation), but you can typically confirm with manufacturer published lists.

Capture.JPG

Luckily, we aren't looking into the main distributor for lubricants. I was kind of hoping that maybe I had a way to get a decent oil at wholesale pricing, though :LOL:
It still might be. I'd just do as @kschachn recommends - Verify any claims against the EOLCS Directory for API at least.

Bottom line: don’t cheap out on oil that doesn’t meet specs. We don’t use no Jake stuff at my workplace either.
Yeah, I'm saving the extra time to dig into it more and skipping it. That was my error not catching the tricky lingo in the PDS. Also, it wouldn't be a readily available option without a special order and it ended up the main distributor we were talking to said they are not capable of taking on new accounts at the moment. So, that really made the decision for me to discontinue interest in it. :LOL:

I do have a genuine question about the Lubrizol web graphs.
What is the appropriate way to use that? It's a relatively new tool that I have come across thanks to BITOG and I'm not taking what the graph shows as exactly how the oil will perform, but more as what it could, at the very best, according to the approvals it has. Am I not supposed to stack the approvals on the graph, but more one at a time to see what each approval could do?

Back