Hello can help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you and for transmission will I be able to use peak? Is this manufacturer trustworthy in your country? For transmission I'm afraid because the exchange is every 60, 000 miles, will it hold? Or would it be better to use Valvoline

Go to "ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S" and ask your transmission question there. And include your cars year, name, engine and transmission.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
OP wants to know if Peak oil is as good as Valvoline and Total

Yep,that's what I inferred as well. I would choose Valvoline and Total over Peak. Valvoline if given the choice. Lostempire,which Valvoline oils can you get in Brazil?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Warstud
OP wants to know if Peak oil is as good as Valvoline and Total

Yep,that's what I inferred as well. I would choose Valvoline and Total over Peak. Valvoline if given the choice. Lostempire,which Valvoline oils can you get in Brazil?

All of them are already available here, in the case the engine already solved, now I was in doubt of the automatic transmission, the peak is half the price of Valvoline, my fear is to use the peak and have problems

In the case here in Brazil if it is specification SP4 can use, the peak is the Valvoline meet the specification of Kia, my fear is only in the confidence of this manufacturer peak

Peak is ok because it meets specs, but why worry at all when you can just choose Valvoline or Pentosin? Is it a better price?

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Peak is ok because it meets specs, but why worry at all when you can just choose Valvoline or Pentosin? Is it a better price?

Oops, well better the Pentosin costs 95, Valvoline 65 is the peak only 20, this in the Brazilian currency, then the peak is considered a good oil np your country

20 for Peak and Valvoline is 65?? Use Peak. With regular oil changes, your car won't have any troubles because of motor oil brand.

If you're talking about ATF, Peak should be fine too if it says it can be used for your car's ATF. If the Peak says it can be used for transmissions that need SPIV, I would use it. It's not a bad brand. I've used their motor oils and coolant; I haven't had any troubles yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ruhroh
20 for Peak and Valvoline is 65?? Use Peak. With regular oil changes, your car won't have any troubles because of motor oil brand.

If you're talking about ATF, Peak should be fine too if it says it can be used for your car's ATF. If the Peak says it can be used for transmissions that need SPIV, I would use it. It's not a bad brand. I've used their motor oils and coolant; I haven't had any troubles yet.

Oops thanks for the help of all, I do not know the peak so the doubt, then is known in your country? In case you have a good reputation

I'm in the USA. I think Peak has a good reputation and their low viscosity ATF is Dexron VI licensed. It's not expensive but also not the cheapest. Valvoline Maxlife ATF is the cheapest low-viscosity 'multi vehicle' transmission fluid near me at $18 for 4 quarts at Walmart.

Thanks for the reply, good to know that it is a good oil, I get more quiet, so I must choose to use it, the low price, so I can use it without fear

Originally Posted By: ruhroh
I'm in the USA. I think Peak has a good reputation and their low viscosity ATF is Dexron VI licensed. It's not expensive but also not the cheapest. Valvoline Maxlife ATF is the cheapest low-viscosity 'multi vehicle' transmission fluid near me at $18 for 4 quarts at Walmart.

can see screenshot?

It was way back in 2011, but the Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) analyzed Peak conventional 5W30 and it met the requirements of GF-5/SN and there were no unusual results.
I'm sure their synthetic is also fine and you should have no problems with using Peak and saving some money!

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
It was way back in 2011, but the Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) analyzed Peak conventional 5W30 and it met the requirements of GF-5/SN and there were no unusual results.
I'm sure their synthetic is also fine and you should have no problems with using Peak and saving some money!

Thanks for clarifying the doubts, yes it is imported from the United States, change only the label here for our language, in case so is a good oil? I searched the internet and almost found nothing on it so to doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back