Supertech Advanced Full Synthetic 5w30

Hello, I would like to know if anyone have the full spec information on Walmarts Supertech advance 5w30 oil. The information on the label says API SP and Gm Dexos 1 gen 3, Any information would be helpful…. Thanks

Looking for the cheapest full synthetic oil that carries the Chrysler MS-6395 spec, currently using Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5w30

IMG_0977.jpg

Hi-res pic of the back label says nothing about MS-6395 so I think you can safely assume it's not covered.

You may be 'stuck' with Quaker State. Not that that's a bad thing.

FCA MS-6395 is not a very stringent spec. I've seen a lot of synthetic blends and conventional that carry it. Dexos1 Gen 3 would be a superior spec.

You can call Highline Warren and get a data sheet from them that states that Supertech oils meet or exceed MS-6395 as well as Ford WSS-M2C961-A1. For whatever reason, they choose not to list these on the labels.

Here is a VOA I did of it last November.

For clarity - this is SuperTech Advanced aka 20,000 mile oil. The UOA forms do not have enough space to write everything in and if the oil is not in Horizon's database, you have to submit a request to add it which I did not do.

However, if you look at the Component ID (which I created) you can see it is named "ST_
20K-5W-30_VOA". The 20K is how I identified the sample as the Advanced oil. Also, note photo of the bottle from which the sample was pulled.

SuperTech VOA.jpg

20240125_175407.jpg

Last edited:
CarbonSteel
Your VOA does not mention Advanced. The Product Name listed says Full Synthetic, which is the 10k formula.
I know, but I can absolutely assure you it is the 20K Advanced Formula. I bought a new bottle of it to do the sample. The UOA forms have a limited space to write and if the oil being tested is not in Horizon's database, you have to send a request to have it added.

I have since decided that I will be using Mobil 1 ESP in my Bronco so I did not bother to send in the request for the add. If you look at the component ID (which I created), you can see the 20K in it.

20240125_175407.jpg

To the OP, MS-6395 is rather ancient. I'm surprised it hasn't been upgraded. FWIW, I've got two Chrysler vehicles, both with the 3.6 Pentastar engines, both have been running on Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W-30, and before that came out, Pennzoil Platinum. The QS is about $6.00 per oil change cheaper.

Both our vehicles get a lot of stop-n-go and short distance driving. The oil/filter changes are every 3-4 thousand miles. There are other excellent oils that do well in Pentastar engines such as, but most certainly not limited to, Pennzoil Platinum, and Mobil-1 that have far more enhanced additive packages than was what was specified in MS-6395. Essentially, if you find API SP rated oils, you should be good to go.

Just my $.32 cents worth.

Back