Have you ever bought customs rums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extent of my custom rim experience is buying a set of Chevy Trailblazer wheels+tires for cheap off Craigslist for the GMC Envoy I owned at the time. I actually liked how it looked:

pLpuTva.png

Originally Posted By: ZZman

I bought a set of these bad boys for my 73 Monte back in the day.

I had Cragar S/S wheels on my 1974 Monte Carlo.
I put Borbet wheels on the M6; no complaints. My advice would be to make sure the offset is correct and to buy from a reputable company.

The issue I always have seen with custom rims is that companies discontinue them quite often (I was an insurance appraiser for 10 years) So if you have a really "cool bling bling set" and it one gets damaged and your set is discontinued you end up buying a whole new set. I also have seen rims (like everything else) of varying quality especially on the lower end of the spectrum. My wife's Kia had steel rims and I got so sick and tired of them getting damaged that I finally got a set of OEM aluminum rims. My GTO has a weird bolt pattern so it has OE rims because the very few A/M rims available start at $500 bucks each and only go up from there. I'd say stick with OE. Oh and another thing in Texas (where I was a licensed ins adjuster) Aftermarket Rims on pick up trucks are NOT a covered item on 99% of insurance policies. So BEFORE you get aftermarket rims (or any aftermarket item for your vehicle) read what is covered on you insurance policy, in some cases you must notify the insurance carrier and declare what you have and it will be added to your policy for an extra premium

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Came here for the jokes, not disappointed
lol.gif

You being in winter-y territory, I would have expected an answer to:
-What rum does canadians drink at winter time?
-what rum does Quebecois drink at all times?

Not really custom "rums" but for the two trucks I was looking at wheels from newer model trucks so I can replace the bored looking wheels when it's time to get new tires.

Got some 17" Suburban wheels for the Silverado but now I'm eyeing 20" wheels that are becoming more common in newer trucks.
I've been trying to visualize how the 2015+ Tacoma wheels would look like on a 01 Tundra. It would be a nice upgrade from the 5 spoke blade design wheels that were very common on early 00's yota trucks.

Last edited:

I bought a set of these bad boys for my 73 Monte back in the day.

Oh yeah! those were the ticket for coolness on a saturday night cruise, love the Old Skool way, put these on my 83 Silverado.

Can't forget the Bacardi 151

You smart alecks crack me up!

What was it:
-Laughing it gets you fat?
-Laughing it gets you thin? (calories consumed per laughing per second)

Custom rums may cause you to rub the wrong size rubber on your shifter which may cause your belted radial to get slashed which would result in more than curb rash on your custom rims.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

I had Cragar S/S wheels on my 1974 Monte Carlo.

I have always loved cragars on some classic cars.

For some reason, I just don't like aftermarket wheels on any modern car/truck,especially the oversized chrome ghetto wheels. I think most factory wheels are designed to look pretty good with the vehicle they are paired with.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
Custom rums may cause you to rub the wrong size rubber on your shifter which may cause your belted radial to get slashed which would result in more than curb rash on your custom rims.

Hey now.....

I've purchased many sets of rims. I have a set of Foose wheels on the cougar; **** Cepek's on the F150. I have custom wheels for my winter tires also; just because they were not that much more expensive than steel wheels

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Came here for the jokes, not disappointed
lol.gif

You being in winter-y territory, I would have expected an answer to:
-What rum does canadians drink at winter time?
-what rum does Quebecois drink at all times?

For Canadians it is Havana Club. Not sure if its allowed in the USA. They also make pretty good cigars!

SF

I constantly drool over having a set of custom forged P107 HRE rims made. $12,000 is not in the cards however.

Sure do look perty though.

1377640824badd32dfd9e1c774cc26cdf768b74648.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
I constantly drool over having a set of custom forged P107 HRE rims made. $12,000 is not in the cards however.

Sure do look perty though.

1377640824badd32dfd9e1c774cc26cdf768b74648.png

Wow
20.gif
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back