Just bought some Goodyear Wrangler Radials. How are these tires?

I just bought some Goodyear wrangler Radials 235/75r/15. I believe goodyear discontinued these tires about 2 years ago.

These are actually called Goodyear Wrangler Radial. NOT wrangler A/T, or whatever else wrangler tires they have.

I bought it at Walmart and I’ll have them put it on my 2001 chevy blazer in a couple days. The only reason why I bought these was they were $75 a piece. But I’m assuming these are safe and okay for normal on road driving, since it’s made by Goodyear and made in the USA, not China.

There’s not a lot of info out there about these tires online. I won’t be off-roading at all. I just needed a good set of tires for my daily commutes, but I also wanted an All terrain type looking tire, and these Wrangler Radials definitely do have the look I’m going for. I don’t drive my truck a lot. I only put about 5-6k miles a year on my truck.

How are these tires overall? Good on dry pavement? Is it okay on wet rainy days?

How many miles can I get out of these?

Are these tires noisy?

I want some true real world stories, nothing over exaggerated.

Thanks in advance!

I used to run them on a Jeep many years ago and I had no complaints. Since you already got them you will have your answer soon lol

Reactions: 4WD
I used to run them on a Jeep many years ago and I had no complaints. Since you already got them you will have your answer soon lol
Yeah, but I just wanna hear from people that have used it. I have no idea what to expect.

My mom has had two or three sets of these on her Jeep Cherokee for the past 20 years. They’re an outdated design but they’re perfectly safe, she’s been happy with them in rain and snow. I’ve never felt they were overly noisy or had and vibrations while I was driving it. Dad and I have done some light off roading in it and they’re adequate for that as well.

They are round and black...... basically they were below average tires 20 years ago... let alone in 2023
But when new at least should get you around ok.

From what I remember they were worse than the wrangler RT/S which I despised but I am somewhat picky with my tires.
Not very many good choices in your size anyway.

They are round and black...... basically they were below average tires 20 years ago... let alone in 2023
But when new at least should get you around ok.

From what I remember they were worse than the wrangler RT/S which I despised but I am somewhat picky with my tires.
Not very many good choices in your size anyway.
I second despising the RT/S. What a horrible tire!

Here's a thread about these same tires.... from 10 years ago.

My friend put them on his truck, he said Walmart went and dug them out of an unused corner of the store and they were like $100 a piece

My parents Comanche had them when new in 1987. Decent yet dated looking tread IMO, but it just seems a little narrow compared to the overall tire width. Even when they are fully inflated, they look under inflated. It’s strange. The rubber seems very soft on them too… very snow tire like.

The Goodyear trail runner seems like a good budget tire. Many new GM Z71/ AT4 trucks with a not so budget oriented price come with them too.

My Blazer will need tires this spring. Not sure if I’ll go back to the K02 just because or if I’ll be a bit more sensible and just get the trail runner.

Goodyear has about 13 iterations of the Wrangler brand. I bought some Walmart close-outs a few years ago for like $40 each and ran them on my CJ, cannot remember the exact version, some basic A/T with nice street manners. Had to scour 3 stores in 3 different states to get a set of 5.

The price sure is right!!!

1700269206468.jpg

The tread pattern looks like it would provide usable traction on dry dirt and dry pavement, have poor hydroplaning resistance, and make more noise than the average A/T tire. If they are still using the same rubber from when these tires were originally release, expect poor ice/snow traction as they won't be a modern silica rich compound that is found in almost all modern tires... Even good modern mud tires have more grip on ice than a lot of older tires simply because of that rubber compound.

The price sure is right!!!

View attachment 189057

The tread pattern looks like it would provide usable traction on dry dirt and dry pavement, have poor hydroplaning resistance, and make more noise than the average A/T tire. If they are still using the same rubber from when these tires were originally release, expect poor ice/snow traction as they won't be a modern silica rich compound that is found in almost all modern tires... Even good modern mud tires have more grip on ice than a lot of older tires simply because of that rubber compound.

Since the OP has already purchased this tire, my opinion on it won't matter. But here goes:
It must have been close to 10 years ago, but I purchased four of these for my '96 Jeep Cherokee. The price was okay and since I live away from pavement, I thought it was the tire to buy. Three of these tires did okay, the fourth tire got some severe cracking around each lug. These tires were rotated regularly, my Jeep had no front end or alignment problems and it only happened to one tire with way under 20K miles on it. I purchased them at Walmart, and I went back and showed them the tire. They admitted there was a problem with it. The TLE manager asked it I had purchased the road hazard warranty. I told him that I didn't. "Well, we can't do anything about your tire then." I told him that it wasn't a road hazard problem, it was a tire manufacturing problem. "Yes, I know. But we still won't do anything about your tire because you didn't purchase the road hazard warranty." I then asked him if he would ride in the vehicle with this tire underneath him. "Oh, heck, NO!, That tire is unsafe!"
So no more Goodyear tires for me. And Cooper tires are not on my buying list either.

Price is right for a 01 Blazer. I use goodyear reliant all seasons from walmart on my Tuscon. They are fine for what they are, and I will choose goodyear over the no name brands, and walmart is cheaper than everybody.

Buy the road hazard warranty from walmart it is so cheap, just do it. They include rotation and balance for the life of the tire in that price.

They are outdated tires don't expect much from them. But for a 2001 SUV they will be fine keep them inflated and slow down in the rain stay alert in snow driving keep your distance slow in the turns

Since the OP has already purchased this tire, my opinion on it won't matter. But here goes:
It must have been close to 10 years ago, but I purchased four of these for my '96 Jeep Cherokee. The price was okay and since I live away from pavement, I thought it was the tire to buy. Three of these tires did okay, the fourth tire got some severe cracking around each lug. These tires were rotated regularly, my Jeep had no front end or alignment problems and it only happened to one tire with way under 20K miles on it. I purchased them at Walmart, and I went back and showed them the tire. They admitted there was a problem with it. The TLE manager asked it I had purchased the road hazard warranty. I told him that I didn't. "Well, we can't do anything about your tire then." I told him that it wasn't a road hazard problem, it was a tire manufacturing problem. "Yes, I know. But we still won't do anything about your tire because you didn't purchase the road hazard warranty." I then asked him if he would ride in the vehicle with this tire underneath him. "Oh, heck, NO!, That tire is unsafe!"
So no more Goodyear tires for me. And Cooper tires are not on my buying list either.
So basically-you got one bad tire-10 years ago, and the Manger (NOT GOODYEAR) didn't work with you-so you have written off the company for life?

That's really silly.

So basically-you got one bad tire-10 years ago, and the Manger (NOT GOODYEAR) didn't work with you-so you have written off the company for life?

That's really silly.
The manager said that was the standard policy of Goodyear. And most of your posts are a “Get off my lawn!” reply.

The manager said that was the standard policy of Goodyear. And most of your posts are a “Get off my lawn!” reply.
Still.. to write off a company for a single bad tire ..But yea- I don't drink the Kool Aid on here.

Still.. to write off a company for a single bad tire ..But yea- I don't drink the Kool Aid on here.
Let's review that this thread is about. The OP wanted real life experiences with Goodyear Wranger tires and WalMart. I told him my experience. It doesn't matter that it was 1 day ago, 1 month ago, or 10 years ago. Their policy hasn't changed. Don't believe me? Go talk to the TLE manager and review what they say about their road hazard warranty....or lack thereof.
What's REALLY silly are your posts. You bring no advice to this site, just negativity and bitterness from the temperament of an old crabby man probably more than 95% of the time. I would go review your posts to verify that...but you're not worth my time.

Back