Let's talk about Rum

Back in the day this was my favorite. :D
1687710607138.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations, all.

Another one I've heard some good things about is Chairman's Reserve for around $30.

When I worked at a Package store during college, we would sell one or two bottles of Myer's Jamaican Rum a week. It was about 30% higher price than Bacardi.
1687815253330.jpg

Sipping on Siesta Key Spiced Rum tonight. Very smooth and not overly sugary, like some other spiced rums I've tried. Quite nice actually.

0f99d2_3babfc78192c46c3b0c54353baea7953~mv2.png

53' Stude had a thread about rum going some years back, but it's no longer open to replies, so let's start a new one...

I've been drinking Captain Pepper lately, but I'm curious if there are any rums/spiced rums that you would recommend drinking neat/on the rocks?
Stranahans and lemonade is a good one aka shandy. I'm real partial to Eagle Rare bourbon and rootbeer.

Here are my
When I worked at a Package store during college, we would sell one or two bottles of Myer's Jamaican Rum a week. It was about 30% higher price than Bacardi.
View attachment 163476
This Myers's Dark is currently on my list to try, along with Brugal Anejo and Goslings Black Seal. This would be more for mixing drinks, not necessarily sipping.

My family likes Blue Chair. Another good liqueur that is marketed as an Irish whiskey is Shanky’s Whip. It reminds me somewhat of a rum. A dark liqueur with caramel and vanilla flavors.

Yup, Kraken goes really well mixed with some Dr Pepper. I think Kraken calls this Doc Oc, but I call it Dr Kraken. :)

I used to be a Captain Morgan and Diet Coke, guy. I tried Plantation rum last year, I find it much better than Captain Morgan.

Back