Harbor Freight warranty on plug-in tools

My $89 Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner has stopped working after about two years of very infrequent use. Their website says its warranty is for 90 days. Does anyone have experience with HF being lenient on their warranty for plug-in tools? Please relate. Thanks.

If you dont mind being shiesty you could buy a new one and return old one.

I did that once with a new in box torque adapter that would eat the battery in 1 day turned off.
They magically couldnt find my receipt.. even though I had a CC statement with the exact amount on it.
I didnt feel like I was doing anything wrong IMO. Does that make me a bad person. ;)

Funny story the new one broke after a month and 3 uses.. just threw it out.
I didnt want a 3rd one although the warranty would have replaced it both times.

Just remember with HF some of their junk is... JUNK. Buy carefully.

One time the manager offered to swap out a dead tool even though I did not buy the warranty. I just learned my lesson and forgot about it.

If you dont mind being shiesty you could buy a new one and return old one.

I did that once with a new in box torque adapter that would eat the battery in 1 day turned off.
They magically couldnt find my receipt.. even though I had a CC statement with the exact amount on it.
I didnt feel like I was doing anything wrong IMO. Does that make me a bad person. ;)

Funny story the new one broke after a month and 3 uses.. just threw it out.
I didnt want a 3rd one although the warranty would have replaced it both times.

Just remember with HF some of their junk is... JUNK. Buy carefully.
And some of their stuff is the purchase of the decade!

A little late now, but with HF you ALWAYS want to save your receipt.
One incident that happened to me was with their cheapie set of screwdrivers.
https://www.harborfreight.com/cushion-grip-screwdriver-set-12-piece-61344.html

My daughter had recently bought a house and needed a set to assemble furniture or for general maintenance use. Right out of the package, this set had an air bubble between the lucite handle and the interior metal shaft that is on the opposite side of the blade. In other words, you could turn the blade just by hanging on to the handle, an obvious factory defect. So when I bring back to them and show the cashier, there was the instant "these screwdrivers don't have a factory warranty" by the cashier to "we can't do anything without your receipt" by the store manager standing by the cashier. I immediately said that I had just purchased it a few days previous and you have all my records right as your disposal. That was met with a blank stare. As it just happened, this identical set was hanging on some pegs right by the register. I grabbed it and showed both of them the "lifetime warranty" on the label of the package. The manager grudgingly opened up the new package and gave me the screwdriver that I needed.
As posted before, they have do sell some absolute junk. But the 1/2" battery impact that I recently purchased has been doing great and any warranty work on it should be handled by the store, not by a prepaid charge on your credit card where it has to be sent off.
Kruse

1/2" battery "bigguns" impact wrenches. Harbor Freight (Hercules) vs. Milwaukee. (long)

I have not tried to warranty anything from HF that was out of the warranty.

I have warrantied a screwdriver, a hammer, and a pair of pliers. The screwdriver was not a problem. The cashier lady wanted a receipt for the hammer even though it had a lifetime warranty sticker still on it. No problem, I bought it less than a week ago, and I had the receipt. The pliers - the cashier had no clue they warrantied anything, and a manager stepped in to replace the item. Anyway, I’ve somewhat outgrown HF and now don’t bother with the warranty. I usually go and look for the same product of a better brand name as a replacement. Im kind of a buy twice, cry twice kind of guy.

Buy a new one and keep the receipt. Then package the old one in the box and swap it under warranty. Then return it a week later.
SAD.. On this site we get flagged for talking Politics....BUT you can talk about how to rip off a store with your purchase such as this or returning a battery to get a fresh one... and that is OK..... :mad:

I bought the 4 piece ICON set of snap ring pliers last year. This weekend, one of the points broke off the smaller set, took it back today. Cashier had me go back to the shelf, grab another set and exchanged the broken one. In and out in 5 minutes.

I bought the 4 piece ICON set of snap ring pliers last year. This weekend, one of the points broke off the smaller set, took it back today. Cashier had me go back to the shelf, grab another set and exchanged the broken one. In and out in 5 minutes.
thats the way to do it....

Thank you for your replies. Sounds like I need to write this one off. HF may just be the wrong place to buy an ultrasonic cleaner.

Back