Garage Lighting for 24 x 24 Space - Barrina or Harbor Freight

All the bulbs inside my house are 3000-3500k, there is some pro/cons to different color temps.

As long as you have good bulbs (>90CRI) and enough lumens/Foot Candles at your work plane you are already way ahead.
I've been doing the same thing! Inside the house was a mixture of "warm" (3000K) and "daylight" (5000K+) bulbs. I found the cold ones to be kind of harsh for inside the house, so I've been replacing them with the warm color bulbs. For the garage 5000K appeared to be a happy medium for detailing and general DIY.

a lot depends on YOUR eyes for what works for you! generally older less healthy people read diabetics of which many are today need better lighting!! dont forget eating better + consuming nutritional supplements that help vision overall.

I would skip the florescent lights -

I would go for these recessed lights from Amazon -

Amico 20 Pack 6 Inch 5CCT Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Light with Junction Box, 2700K/3000K/3500K/4000K/5000K Selectable, 12W Eqv 110W, Dimmable Can-Killer Downlight, 1050LM Wafer Lighting - ETL​

6" diameter put out 1050 Lumens each- on sale today - a TWENTY PACK for $130 less 30 coupon

Add in some 14/2 wire 250 feet for $95 (Amazon)

I put 16 of these in - the first couple take your time but after a few it becomes easy.

I was going to hire someone - I was afraid I would have a hard time getting the wire from light hole to light hole to light - watched a youtube video and the guy says - just put them closer together - yes you will have more light than you need - put them on a dimmer so you can turn it down.

I put 8 of them in a small kitchen - I can now fry bacon with them - but we dim it down 25%.

My 20x18 garage I installed 5 in the front half - the back half is the garage door opener with 2 LEDs / rear of the cars so doesn't need light.

Home depot sell the same light $90 for 4 of them -

They look 1,000X better than any florescent. You can adjust the light at 2700 yellow - 5000 they are pure white - they daisy chain together.

Back