Harbor Freight recalling 42,000 motorcycle lifts

Dumpster dive behind the Harborfreight for a few free motorcycle lifts... Do a couple weld reinforcements and done deal.

I had an HF ~10-12 ton press bend like spaghetti trying to press out a bearing. So, like their jack stands, I'd wager that their is some serious mis-engineering issues, quality problems, or pathetic manufacturing. You just can't push junk beyond its lower than expected limits.

I will say they make the best 'single use' disposable tools out there.

I'm a harbor freight fan but you have to pick and choose. I had those jack stands. Of course I returned them and went elsewhere. Since that time, no more safety equipment from HF. The Daytonas have a good reputation but like the song says, once bitten twice shy, baby.

I bought a Central Pneumatics bottle jack and it blew the seal the first time that I used it and leaked oil all over. Maybe all their hydraulic stuff is junk, but as other have said the Daytona floor jacks are supposed to be good

I am in need of a 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrenchs. HF's torque wrenchs received good reviews. I went to HF yesterday to look and buy them. I just couldn't do it. I will be paying more for the higher priced and lowered reviewed Tekton torque wrenchs.

HF has some hard to find stuff one can hop in their vehicle and go buy on a Saturday afternoon- but for quality, I can't embrace HF.

Back