Had some trees dropped on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad good progress today.
Have a buddy with a big saw and splitter coming by tomorrow after work. He gets half for bringing the splitter.

Good progress, have fun on the rest!

At least you got to choose when and how they fell! I had a tornado come across my place last August and I'm still cleaning up trees ... I lost 50 some odd pines, 8"-24" and just linbed, bucked and piled them all and burnt them!

I'm still picking thru the hardwood-mostly oak, cherry, maple and some oddballs. Probably another 60-80 trees worth, and about half done with em.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Balrog006

At least you got to choose when and how they fell! I had a tornado come across my place last August and I'm still cleaning up trees ... I lost 50 some odd pines, 8"-24" and just linbed, bucked and piled them all and burnt them!

I'm still picking thru the hardwood-mostly oak, cherry, maple and some oddballs. Probably another 60-80 trees worth, and about half done with em.

Holy poo! That is a lot of trees!!!

Day 3:
Took half a day off from work. Had an old Navy buddy with a 27 ton splitter come by with two more friends.
It is all split. I got about 3/4 of cord. We filled a 1 ton Dodge long bed to the top of the cab, 1 long bed Ford to the top of the cab and a 1 short bed Ford to the top of the bed. Those guys took all that. The rounds you see are for a buddy.

Most of what I kept for camping. Should last 4 to 5 seasons.

Thanks! Glad it is done. I am having someone come into grind the stumps.

I have one pile of branches to burn and have gotten rid of most of the wood chips already.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Holy poo! That is a lot of trees!!!

Tell me about it, especially when it's a snarled tangled mess with most of them in tension
shocked.gif

I had a tornado come across my place last August and I'm still cleaning up trees ... I lost 50 some odd pines, 8"-24" and just linbed, bucked and piled them all and burnt them!

Wouldn't it help to have a tree harvester come through and take what is useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back