Got my Motor Guard but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, redid the install today put the gooey stuff everywhere. I'm gonna wait an hour or so to let it dry and ill try it out ! I hope its fixed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STILL LEAKS!!! WHAT GIVES
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph, i think the fittings you gave me are bad, becuase they still leak even with sealant and yes they're tight.
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
crushedcar.gif

If you want leak free fittings look in your phone book for a hydraulic shop. Have them make you up some hoses.

I guess that is one of the drawback of using that system. Same with the Oil Guard, I just never liked the fittings.

On both of my vehicles my hoses and fittings are leak free for 2 years.

BTW, I use the Teflon tape and not the goop stuff. Still no problems.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
If you want leak free fittings look in your phone book for a hydraulic shop. Have them make you up some hoses.

I guess that is one of the drawback of using that system. Same with the Oil Guard, I just never liked the fittings.

On both of my vehicles my hoses and fittings are leak free for 2 years.

BTW, I use the Teflon tape and not the goop stuff. Still no problems.

If i still had money in my bank account i'd buy new hoses and fittings but my account has run low becuase of all the times trying to redo the installation. Is there any way to make these fittings work?
mad.gif
mad.gif

Therion; Just a thought, try putting clamps on the hoses, Frantz suggests using clamps because the "push lock" hoses can leak at the fittings.If this works, as suggested I would get some hoses made up at a hose shop.Also if you use worm gear type clamps they can be installed with out removing the hoses.

[ February 26, 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: plexx ]

therion, been watching you work through this, quietly supporting you all the way.

I prefer to screw the fitting into the adapter on a bench so that I know they are good and tight. Then all I have to be concerned with is the hoses. All you gotta do is figure out which one is loose and get it tight.

quote:

Originally posted by plexx:
Therion; Just a thought, try putting clamps on the hoses, Frantz suggests using clamps because the "push lock" hoses can leak at the fittings.If this works, as suggested I would get some hoses made up at a hose shop.Also if you use worm gear type clamps they can be installed with out removing the hoses.

Thanks!, I will buy some clamps and give it a try.

quote:

Originally posted by greencrew:
therion, been watching you work through this, quietly supporting you all the way.

I prefer to screw the fitting into the adapter on a bench so that I know they are good and tight. Then all I have to be concerned with is the hoses. All you gotta do is figure out which one is loose and get it tight.

Yeah thats how i did it, becase the hoses are longer than i need them to be, i hanged the adapter down on the cardboard floor and tightened them all down, putting plenty of the gooey stuff in the threads.

quote:

Originally posted by therion:

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Loctite Teflon Paste Sealant on all brass to brass fittings works wonders.

dunno.gif

Any idea where to get teflon paste sealant?

I myself used the blue silicone gasket maker on ALL fittings.. threads, hoses, etc..

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=114815318&photoID=114883831&security=RpREWa

No leaks from day one.. (Just my .02 cents)

By the way... You'll get it fixed, it's just more BS you have to go through in this life..(Be thankful its not a divorce)...

The oil fitration Gods are only testing your resolve...

Always remember.. If clean oil is worth having, its worth working for..
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mykro:

quote:

Originally posted by therion:

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Loctite Teflon Paste Sealant on all brass to brass fittings works wonders.

dunno.gif

Any idea where to get teflon paste sealant?

I myself used the blue silicone gasket maker on ALL fittings.. threads, hoses, etc..

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=114815318&photoID=114883831&security=RpREWa

No leaks from day one.. (Just my .02 cents)

By the way... You'll get it fixed, it's just more BS you have to go through in this life..(Be thankful its not a divorce)...

The oil fitration Gods are only testing your resolve...

Always remember.. If clean oil is worth having, its worth working for..
cheers.gif

ill try that, i have some red silicon paste in the garage ill smear it and see if it stops leaking.

I would put the silicone on all threads and hose fittings.. And then wait until it has cured OVERNITE then test for leaks.. I've had much success with that method.. Good Luck...
smile.gif

Remember... No such thing as overkill.. Put no doubt into your mind.. If you want it to stop leaking it will be so..

quote:

Originally posted by Mykro:
I would put the silicone on all threads and hose fittings.. And then wait until it has cured OVERNITE then test for leaks.. I've had much success with that method.. Good Luck...
smile.gif

Remember... No such thing as overkill.. Put no doubt into your mind.. If you want it to stop leaking it will be so..

okay, thanks ill try.
smile.gif

OMG, it still leaks the same way even after all that teflon tape and sealant around the fittings. Someone mentioned putting clamps on it, where exactly should i put the clamps on?? This is getting frustrating.
gr_eek2.gif
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bypassfilter:
Did you put any in the threads?
rolleyes.gif

-

Yes, there is plenty on the threads. Besides, it shouldn't leak even without teflon tape. the other side doesnt have any sealant and it doesnt leak - go figure.

Ok guys, i dissabled everything, even the fittings on the adapter itself and applied some teflon tape and sealed everything up. THIS TIME i choose to get rid of as many fittings as possible to minimize the chance of leaks. I have just 2 fittings now as opposed to 4 like before. We will see if this thing works.

Ok guys, i fixed the leak. I did without the two elbow fittings which seemed to be the source of the leak. Doesnt leak a drop now
smile.gif
grin.gif

Next project: A transmission bypass filter. I was wondering if anyone put a transmission filter on the E40D Ford transmission and how it would work.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back