Mobil Super 3000 Formula F in a Motor Scooter that Requires A5/B5?

Hey everyone. Thanks to the admins for approving my account.

I have a 2023 Piaggio Medley 150 scooter. The manual calls for 0W-30 A5/B5 engine oil, preferably with VW 503 or 506 specification. In Italy, the most common oil used for this scooter is Castrol Edge Titanium 0W-30. Where I live, the service insists on using 5W-40 and I have decided to get my oil. The problem is finding the correct oil has been quite troublesome. I have found Mobil Super 3000 Formula F to fit both the 0W-30 and A5/B5 requirements of the manual. But I am confused since the oil appears to have C2 approval as well, in addition to A5/B5, and the product description talks about diesel vehicles. Can I use this oil in my scooter? Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone. Thanks to the admins for approving my account.

I have a 2023 Piaggio Medley 150 scooter. The manual calls for 0W-30 A5/B5 engine oil, preferably with VW 503 or 506 specification. In Italy, the most common oil used for this scooter is Castrol Edge Titanium 0W-30. Where I live, the service insists on using 5W-40 and I have decided to get my oil. The problem is finding the correct oil has been quite troublesome. I have found Mobil Super 3000 Formula F to fit both the 0W-30 and A5/B5 requirements of the manual. But I am confused since the oil appears to have C2 approval as well, in addition to A5/B5, and the product description talks about diesel vehicles. Can I use this oil in my scooter? Thank you in advance.
Yes it meets A5/B5 and is 0W-30 so it fully meets the spec called for by the OEM. Use it with confidence

Back