Gas Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
No Spill.
Seriously.

No-Spill-Gasoline-cans-product-shot.jpg

I have a couple of these...they work great!

I have a Justrite Gas Can in 2 1/2 and 5 gallon size.
2 1/2 gallon for filling lawn-mower & snow-thrower
5 gallon for storm emergencies.

http://www.justritemfg.com/products/safe...ow-safety-cans/

What I like about these cans is:
1) Self Venting so they don't swell up like the plastic cans.
2) Flame Arrestor inside neck of can.
3) Seam on bottom of Can makes it easy to hold while pouring.

There a little pricey, but I believe the safest.

Last edited:
costco-627308-scepter-5.3-gallon-gas-can.jpg

Scepter 5 gallon can. Found at amazon, costco and tractor supply etc. They also sell a nozzle that has no safety stuff and a lid that has no safety stuff. I carry this on my UTV and it gets beat to [censored] and back also carry it in the vehicle sometimes to get fuel..never leaks. Best fuel can i have owned.

Originally Posted By: c502cid
31W5Sq1VgsL.jpg

I also like the VP racing jugs. I have a metal jerry can and it is nice , but it pours too slow. I went thru this process about two years ago and bought a bunch of different cans.

1) jerry can (cheap version) , pours slow but other than that it is really nice. It seals very well and does not leak when pouring. https://www.amazon.com/Valuebox-Storage-...s=metal+gas+can

2) I bought two of the VP racing cans. I like those a lot. They pour very quick and dont leak. Just make sure you dont crack the air vent too much.

3) I also got five of the vents that you add to existing , self venting, 5 gal cans. Being I already have 4 of these cans I should have just gone this way. My only complaint about the regular self venting cans is that they are too slow. https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Fuel-Gas-C...0NTHR88Z6W54RGH

I find myself using my modified cans the most because i can set the spout on the gas tanks of the ATV's and Motorcycles. The long floppy tubes are more difficult while holding the heavy can if its full. I like the more rigid spout and now that they pour quickly I find myself using them the most.

I guess it depends on your application and what you are filling most of the time.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Watch this video Finz.
56.gif

I fixed all my plastic cans a few years ago
thumbsup2.gif

I prefer the old Gott cans because they have a wide base and won't tip over in the back of a car or truck, plus they're low profile and fit under my truck's tonneau cover. I see them all the time at garage sales for a buck or two but usually need new nozzles. All mine got the new nozzles like in Merkava's video.

Finz. I have a plain old plastic 5 gallon can that I no longer use. I am in Woodbridge (Central NJ) exit 132 GSP exit 10, 11, 12 NJTP. If you are ever around my area PM me and you can have it. Just taking up garage space for me

Don

I carried one behind the driver, while doing "Hole N the Rock" in Utah. I carry a small one in the back. Never had it vent or leak in fifteen years. I really like the Wavian cans. They are not CARB compliant in Kalifornia.

Pajero

If they aren't CARB compliant in California, they aren't anywhere. What am I missing here?

Originally Posted By: Pajero
I carried one behind the driver, while doing "Hole N the Rock" in Utah. I carry a small one in the back. Never had it vent or leak in fifteen years. I really like the Wavian cans. They are not CARB compliant in Kalifornia.

Pajero

Thanks for all the input...

Dadillac... very kind of you to offer. I just may take you up on it.

Merkave... that video helped a lot. Such a simple thing to bring a bad gas can up to snuff

See what I mean, though? Such a simple thing - a gas can. All the different opinions... likes, dislikes,... I guess I'm just amazed that you can drop some serious coin on a gas can for God's sake. But as one poster put it... depending on the usage.

For me? All these storms got me to recalling all the [censored] I went thru and saw during Sandy. What an eye opener. Was thinking another 5-gallon would be some nice insurance should Irma make her way this far north (or any other storm for that matter)

I have 2 5-gallon plastic cans I probably bought at Home Depot. The spouts are absolutely worthless. I have an older 2.5 gallon can as well and swap that spout from can to can when needed.

Anyway.... all good input and I learned a few things which is why I keep coming here

Thanks to all

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I like the $40 one on Amazon that is metal with spring loaded closer and large yellow funnel. Plastic is garbage.

I have one of those. Very, very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back