From Honda 0w-20 to Idemitsu 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: kjbock
The Honda dealer was probably just using conventional 5W-20 and overfilling his engine on his last two changes.

Could be but Honda also has a 0w20 syn-blend that may have been used.

My Honda dealer has a deal where you get a honda filter (not the filtech), 5 qts of 0w-20 FULL Synthetic bottles and a crush washer == 32.95

Originally Posted By: DirtyApe
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: kjbock
The Honda dealer was probably just using conventional 5W-20 and overfilling his engine on his last two changes.

Could be but Honda also has a 0w20 syn-blend that may have been used.

My Honda dealer has a deal where you get a honda filter (not the filtech), 5 qts of 0w-20 FULL Synthetic bottles and a crush washer == 32.95

that OEM oil the P66 0w-20 oil is good, I idle quite a bit and after over 4000 grueling miles, it was dark but not burned, highly unscientific but yeah. This Idemitsu is so light on the stick, looks promising, although I see now how the darker oil could be darker cuz it is cleaning with the suspended stuff ...but yeah.

Last edited:
The HGMO I have is an API SM oil and dates from the days of Idemitsu blending and very high moly.
When I wrote that it was cheap enough, I was referring to what you paid for it, not the original price nobody paid for it, thus leaving plenty of the stuff for clearance hounds.
I'd have bought some myself had I run across any before it was all gone.
Also, original shelf price in no way equates with basestock blend used.
There are too many examples of this both ways to even make this an arguable point.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
You haven't explained how you are measuring the fuel dilution...I'm interested in your techniques.

With drugs. Lots of drugs.

update:

So this oil, Idemitsu 0w-20, has eliminated a warm start grind I had since brand new using the OEM Honda oil. ANy1 know how an oil can do that? I thought it was be theoretically impossible.

The RPMs are lower on cold start and RPMs drop faster allowing faster takeoffs. Discuss this.

also, regarding the fuel dilution, the whole garage near the front doesn't smell like fuel like with prev OEM Honda oil so that is a plus.

This oil remains very light on the stick.

For 55 cents a quart and 1.55 a jug, this oil was gifted by AAP and Idemitsu and sponsored my first stash oil change.

Last edited:
Lol wow.

Unless you start responding to some of the questions/criticisms in this thread with factual and sensible answers you are nothing more than a bot posting gibberish. Do you think anyone is actually believing the nonsense you're posting? Probably not, you're most likely here for the entertainment value I'm guessing.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
update:

So this oil, Idemitsu 0w-20, has eliminated a warm start grind I had since brand new using the OEM Honda oil. ANy1 know how an oil can do that? I thought it was be theoretically impossible.

The RPMs are lower on cold start and RPMs drop faster allowing faster takeoffs. Discuss this.

also, regarding the fuel dilution, the whole garage near the front doesn't smell like fuel like with prev OEM Honda oil so that is a plus.

For 55 cents a quart and 1.55 a jug, this oil was gifted by AAP and Idemitsu and sponsored my first stash oil change.

“This oil remains very light on the stick.”

You keep repeating this. Are you referring to color? Everyone knows that oil cannot be judged by visual presentation.

Fishing must be slow in Tx.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Lol wow.

Unless you start responding to some of the questions/criticisms in this thread with factual and sensible answers you are nothing more than a bot posting gibberish. Do you think anyone is actually believing the nonsense you're posting? Probably not, you're most likely here for the entertainment value I'm guessing.

update:

Lol.

Happy birthday sir.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Lol wow.

Criticisms? You are being too kind
wink.gif
It sounds like somebody describing an acid trip.

update:

Joseph, is that you??

As I noted above, I've run Idemitsu HGMO in my Accord and I'd be hard pressed to see any difference between it and the PP, SSO, TGMO and M1 AFE the car has also seen.
Still, you're the guy driving your car and if you really like this oil then that's all that matters.
That you were able to assemble a nice little stash at giveaway prices is icing on the cake.

I'm interested in hearing your theories as to how this can happen with a computer controlled vehicle ?

If the whole garage near the front smelled like fuel, how do you correlate that with fuel dilution in a predominantly sealed engine ?

How does this oil prevent it ?

Does the fuel getting past the rings magically teleport to Phobos with Idemitsu ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Distinct possibility...

BTW, aphrodite and mother's day...

BAH AHAHHAHAHAH well played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back