Fram Ultra XG4386 10,000 miles CUT OPEN pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I sure would hate for it to be my engine that a FU SPRING-O-LATOR defect happened on!
FRAM, you better fix this PROBLEM, fast!

That Motorcruncher filter you're running has way more chance of developing a failure than any bypass valve.
laugh.gif

Ok "Mr. I'm Too Cheap To Buy A New Filer For Each OCI", show me 1 case where a MC FL-400S oil filter was defective.
BTW, want me to make an ad for you to use other members' FRAM-O-LATORS on your cars because you CAN'T buy a new filter?
crackmeup2.gif
grin.gif
spankme2.gif

... show me 1 case where a MC FL-400S oil filter was defective.

How about 2 in the torn media spreadsheet. There might have been a few more reported than never made it into the table because the guy who created it stop making entries way before reports keep pouring in.

For FL400S, see lines 61 (reported by member jmb3675) and 66 (reported by member CDX825). You could go search those members out and find their threads showing the tears.

TORN MEDIA SPREADSHEET LINK

Here ya go BOF ... the photos don't show any longer in the first two links due to the Photoshop ransom fiasco, but you can read about the FL-400S tears.

Member CDX825 Thread: LINK

Member jmb3675 Thread: LINK

Nice Motorcraft Tear: LINK

... show me 1 case where a MC FL-400S oil filter was defective.

How about 2 in the torn media spreadsheet. There might have been a few more reported than never made it into the table because the guy who created it stop making entries way before reports keep pouring in.

For FL400S, see lines 61 (reported by member jmb3675) and 66 (reported by member CDX825). You could go search those members out and find their threads showing the tears.

TORN MEDIA SPREADSHEET LINK

I'll be sure to keep YOU posted on my MOTORCRUNCHER FL-400S oil filter.

Z06, what oil filter and oil are you currently running on/in your Z06, AC-DELCO/M1? My rich cousin, whom I hardly ever see, has a Z06 Vette. I was checking it out a few months ago and asked him what brand oil and filter he used on it. He has the dealer do his OCI and he said they use an AC-DELCO GOLD filter along with M1 oil.

I would be sweating bullets using a Fram. Maybe an oil sight window could be put on the filter and a camera attached to be able to watch the bypass valve, or a stethoscope to listen for the CLACK as the bypass breaks apart and goes into the engine, blowing it to bits before your eyes. So looks like Luber Finer is the only one left for me on the Chev Volt. I looked for the Amsoil recommended Chev brand filters, they came in second, couldn't find them.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I would be sweating bullets using a Fram. Maybe an oil sight window could be put on the filter and a camera attached to be able to watch the bypass valve, or a stethoscope to listen for the CLACK as the bypass breaks apart and goes into the engine, blowing it to bits before your eyes. So looks like Luber Finer is the only one left for me on the Chev Volt. I looked for the Amsoil recommended Chev brand filters, they came in second, couldn't find them.

Yeah, I know, right? Seems like FRAM has a problem simmering on the back burner here just waiting to boil over.
I guess WIX or NAPA Platinum would be the next best choices. Haters of those filters claim they don't trap enough fine particulates, but haters will just hate.

You guys are super Chicken Littles thinking one instance of a mis-seated bypass spring reported in 10 years means they are all now time bombs. Like I said earlier, when you see multiple reports of the same problem (ie, like the Tearolator issue), then there's a problem. And to say you're leery now while running a filter on your vehicle that's been shown to fail is pretty ludicrous.

Z06, what oil filter and oil are you currently running on/in your Z06, AC-DELCO/M1? My rich cousin, whom I hardly ever see, has a Z06 Vette. I was checking it out a few months ago and asked him what brand oil and filter he used on it. He has the dealer do his OCI and he said they use an AC-DELCO GOLD filter along with M1 oil.

I've always used Mobil 1 5W-30 as recommended by GM. I've used AC Delco Gold, Amsoil, Pureolator (before Teargate) and Fram Ultra. All gave the same oil pressure readings at near redline with hot oil, so all flowed well.

You guys are super Chicken Littles thinking one instance of a mis-seated bypass spring reported in 10 years means they are all now time bombs. Like I said earlier, when you see multiple reports of the same problem (ie, like the Tearolator issue), then there's a problem. And to say you're leery now while running a filter on your vehicle that's been shown to fail is pretty ludicrous.

Okay, I'm going to throw the towel in.
I have been having fun, you know, JOKING about the spring? WTH can't anyone just break the frickin' monotony around here and HAVE FUN! Do you ACTUALLY think I would give up on the BEST oil filter made on the market today? The ONLY 2 reasons I bought a MC oil filter just recently is because I COULDN'T afford a FU at the time, and there ain't a DAM thing wrong with the MC FL-400S! All of you "15 minutes of fame people" that tear your filter media to get recognized are so full of yourselves! And you wonder why I stay away from this site for long periods of time. SOME OF YOU ARE TOO PATHETIC!
I'm un-following this thread! Have fun flaming me!
smirk.gif

I have been having fun, you know, JOKING about the spring? WTH can't anyone just break the frickin' monotony around here and HAVE FUN!

Not so sure about that. If you're being sarcastic and joking around you need to change your posting style and use something like this
wink.gif
and this
laugh.gif
in your posts.
grin2.gif

BOF, I could sense that you were joking around in this thread, but if you are serious about people tearing their own filters to get recognized, well I don't believe that.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
BOF, I could sense that you were joking around in this thread, but if you are serious about people tearing their own filters to get recognized, well I don't believe that.

I don't believe that either about people purposely tearing filters for fame.

His comment about that made me question his claims of "joking around" with the other subject matter.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Yeah, I know, right? Seems like FRAM has a problem simmering on the back burner here just waiting to boil over.
I guess WIX or NAPA Platinum would be the next best choices. Haters of those filters claim they don't trap enough fine particulates, but haters will just hate.

No offense but I hate Purolator torn media filters. FRAM at least cares to fix their problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back