Fram PH3387 C&P 5,400 mi

This one was from the previous OCI on my 2000 Buick Century w/ 64k. Used for commute 54 miles each way all highway. Maxlife syn blend 5w30 and 5,400 miles 3 month OCI.

I got ahead of myself and didn’t take an intact pic with the full date code, but some of it is there 😂

Fiber end caps were secure, would tear when I tried to peal them off, pleats straight but uneven. The seam was glued on this one compared to the crimped seam in the longer 3980.

Note: the sure grip was in much better shape. Besides some imperfections there wasn’t any rust bubbles and I couldn’t flake it off with my fingernail as with the 3980 in the previous post.
IMG_5794.jpeg

IMG_5795.jpeg

IMG_5803.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5805.jpeg

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5800.jpeg

IMG_5801.jpeg

This one was from the previous OCI on my 2000 Buick Century w/ 64k. Used for commute 54 miles each way all highway. Maxlife syn blend 5w30 and 5,400 miles 3 month OCI.

I got ahead of myself and didn’t take an intact pic with the full date code, but some of it is there 😂

Fiber end caps were secure, would tear when I tried to peal them off, pleats straight but uneven. The seam was glued on this one compared to the crimped seam in the longer 3980.

Note: the sure grip was in much better shape. Besides some imperfections there wasn’t any rust bubbles and I couldn’t flake it off with my fingernail as with the 3980 in the previous post.
View attachment 211886

View attachment 211887
View attachment 211888
View attachment 211889
View attachment 211890
View attachment 211891
View attachment 211892
View attachment 211893
This one looks quite good.

The element itself appears similar to the other 5500mi EG you posted, which as noted there, fine. The fact that no leaks found with this one is what distinguishes it from the other, imo. I'm assuming since no negative aspects found with this one, this EG c&p won't be thread locked.

Thanks for c&p.
I hope not, as it’s not my intention to Fram bash at all. I’ve used them many times in the past 25 years. And in this particular vehicle has been used probably 90% of its life. (It was her grandfathers car and Fram is all he used).

I’m sure I may use them again at some point in the future. As of now I’m liking offerings from PG for our newer vehicles. As for the old Buick, I’ve got enough filters in my stash that I’ve picked up with deals (AcDelco, Bosch, EcoGuards) this week through Amazon plus a few Prime Guards from RK. I’m good on filters for the next couple years for it.

I hope not, as it’s not my intention to Fram bash at all......
And it wasn't my intention with the comment to imply that was at all the case for your recent c&ps. Simply commenting on an observation of Fram filter c&p phenomena (locked threads) I had noticed. Your other anecdote just one of many, thus the reference. I'd add, 'in my observation', oddly seems to be for only one brand. :unsure:

So, nothing personal about the comment for you. Imo, no one should have taken the c&p with candid/accurate observations as anything other than that. I know that's how I took it.

Hope that further clarifies my comment. Again, I appreciate your c&ps and candid observations on those anecdotes.

Last edited:
And it wasn't my intention with the comment to imply that was at all the case for your recent c&ps. Simply commenting on an observation of Fram filter c&p phenomena (locked threads) I had noticed. Your other anecdote just one of many, thus the reference. I'd add, 'in my observation', oddly seems to be for only one brand. :unsure:

So, nothing personal about the comment for you. Imo, no one should have taken the c&p with candid/accurate observations as anything other than that. I know that's how I took it.

Hope that further clarifies my comment. Again, I appreciate your c&ps and candid observations on those anecdotes.
No worries my friend, I didn’t think anything of it. 🍺

Back