Fram Endurance changes

I wonder if First Brands is merging both the Titanium and Endurance product line together. If I recall someone here mentioned one of the Fram Titaniums had a champ style can and wire backing that is identical to the Endurance. This kinda make sense of the change of the can finish, only to change colors between production of the two.
i highly doubt it. the price for the titanium at an AAP would have to be nearly $20 a can.

I guess its an improvement for toolless installation. However i normally dont hand tighten them. A small collection of filter flute cap wrenches has made it quick and hassle free to remove and torque down a new filter.
I used to do it by hand only to run into problems later such as oil slowly seeping from the gasket by under torque and wrestling with removal.

View attachment 213990
I almost always over tighten by hand because I obsess about it not be tight enough. And then I hate myself next time when I gotta take it off.

I almost always over tighten by hand because I obsess about it not be tight enough. And then I hate myself next time when I gotta take it off.

You gotta resist that urge to do that, as long as you're doing it reasonably snug by hand it's not going to loosen off. That's the way I've always done it and in almost 40 years of oil changes I've never had a filter come off or leak.

thread title is “Fram Endurance Changes” nothing to do with the ultra. same thing with running HPL oils, these trucks are in commercial heavy duty service and will be running extended drains. will it make the trucks last longer? probably. will it save us money in supplies and down time? absolutely.
I’ve been letting my indy mechanic use his Service Pro (PG) XL filters & Dexos rated synthetic oil in our vans, at 7500 overloaded city/highway abused miles, it seems to be a good compromise. We seem to lose vans to transmission failures by 100-120K anyway, the Transit 250s just aren’t very tough at all.

I wonder if First Brands is merging both the Titanium and Endurance product line together. If I recall someone here mentioned one of the Fram Titaniums had a champ style can and wire backing that is identical to the Endurance. This kinda make sense of the change of the can finish, only to change colors between production of the two.
The Titaniums are changing into an overpriced, rust prone version of the newer Ultras-the wire-backed 2-ply full synthetic Endurance is more like a Royal Purple or Amsoil EaO. The jury is still out on the Endurance vs. the pink media OG Ultra-it would take a LARGE $ Ascent-level test to determine a winner. Both would probably rust out before the end of the media’s useful life anyway…

I’ve been letting my indy mechanic use his Service Pro (PG) XL filters & Dexos rated synthetic oil in our vans, at 7500 overloaded city/highway abused miles, it seems to be a good compromise. We seem to lose vans to transmission failures by 100-120K anyway, the Transit 250s just aren’t very tough at all.
the bean counters bought two transit 250’s and i’ve made them sell them. they were a money drain in parts and labor. over the 16 years they’ve been in business, they’ve only lost 1 6l90e and they do not do fluid changes. trucks go to 200k before they part ways.

The Titaniums are changing into an overpriced, rust prone version of the newer Ultras-the wire-backed 2-ply full synthetic Endurance is more like a Royal Purple or Amsoil EaO. The jury is still out on the Endurance vs. the pink media OG Ultra-it would take a LARGE $ Ascent-level test to determine a winner. Both would probably rust out before the end of the media’s useful life anyway…
andrew had a royal purple filter in his test, the OG ultra media still beat it but the next best was the royal purple

IMG_5374.jpg

They might be. The titaniums I buy for my 3.0 duramax have been Endurance filters with a black paint job. I have a C&P thread on the FS12447

They might be. The titaniums I buy for my 3.0 duramax have been Endurance filters with a black paint job. I have a C&P thread on the FS12447
i just replied to your thread on it. i have doubts that it is an endurance. metal crimp, different ADBV ETC. may have just gotten OG ultra media in them.

***edit, a amsoil filter was C&P right after my reply and looks exactly the same and we know them to be the champs built endurance. very interesting for sure!***

i just replied to your thread on it. i have doubts that it is an endurance. metal crimp, different ADBV ETC. may have just gotten OG ultra media in them.

***edit, a amsoil filter was C&P right after my reply and looks exactly the same and we know them to be the champs built endurance. very interesting for sure!***
I doubt it was an OG Titanium/ultra. It was made on the 129th day of last year

Back