Fram EG with silicone ADBV pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Not trying to give you a hard time here my friend
smile.gif

But I would hypothesize that this Autolite filter is not a typical circumstance.

That filter was pulled around from "post to post" so to speak. This is not a regular interval run done to that filter. I would say look at all of the Fram orange filters ran in the last 3 plus years on here that have been cut and posted. They have looked rather good even with some of them going 9k miles.

Agreed amigo, it's an extreme case, but the question was posed on how is metal stronger . . . the metal end cap forms a cup for the sealant.

Personally I'd rather have a metal end cap popper upon c&p than a fiber end cap peeler, but it's a given I'm personally not going to abuse an engine & filter until it looks like that to start with

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3631465/Mopar_MO-899_cut_open

Last edited:
Well stated indeed. You would likely go at most 7500 miles on a Fram orange can and more than likely go just 6k miles on one. Thus, your Fram orange can would be in very good shape.

I ran plenty of orange Fram filters from the 70's onward, but at shorter intervals - I'll bet you're right at 6K miles max as my record.

Quote:
.... He does like the Fram Ultra.
He also said he would not only disown me he would embarrass me if I ever leave the same oil filter on my engine for another/multiple oil change.

Batting .500 is a great thing in baseball. And embarrassment is only a state of mind, not a state of being. Otoh, independent thinking and having an open mind is, generally speaking, a good thing.

Just some pearls for thought.

Well wrapped is half sold. Good idea to put a red valve in. We see how enticing it is. Why I bet it is the Ultra inside now too. Maybe even better.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back