Flood cars from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolf359

I think he meant he was taking his chances on the hopes that it was just a short submersion and not a full one. Only way to tell is to try and take a look and see if there's a water line somewhere or a good inspection like check the fuse box for signs of water etc. That would be why a pre-purchase inspection would be important. But I'd never bother with a flooded car, once it has a salvage title, any extended manufacturer warranty and any of the original warranty would be void. I believe they still have to fix it if there was a recall, but the savings and potential headaches afterwards from corrosion aren't worth it. Flood cars tend to develop odd problems that no one can figure out how to fix because it doesn't happen to anyone else because their cars weren't flooded.

Well said and my sentiments exactly.ðŸ‘

It's pretty hilarious seeing people trying to drive through 3 ft of water. They'll never learn (maybe) until they destroy their vehicle.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
... They'll never learn (maybe) until they destroy their vehicle.

Nope. Have a co-worker that has lost 3 vehicles driving through flood water.
Each time her response to why she did it: "I thought I could make it".
All 3 were smaller sedans. Her husband bought her a little taller SUV this time (a 2009 or 2010 Explorer), but to her it just means she can go into deeper water.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'm sure they'll find their way to NY to be sold. Let the buyer beware.

There is an endless parade of used and wholesale cars heading south through our little town. Doubt the drivers speak much English. Many will wind up crossing the border.

Thats right. Ususally a non-English speaking driver will tow 3 or even 4 cars hooked together west and then south through TX. How they get by towing a train of cars down I-10 amazes me. I also am amazed to see 8-10 "south of the border" day laborers piled in the open bed of a pick up truck at 75-80 mph on the Interstate go unchallenged.

If I forget my seatbelt even once they will chase me down and ticket me.

It's pretty hilarious seeing people trying to drive through 3 ft of water. They'll never learn (maybe) until they destroy their vehicle.

Many, many were flooded while sitting still. I lost two sitting in my driveway, which was not in a flood plane. The ones who plow into a deep body of water are the exceptions.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Thats right. Ususally a non-English speaking driver will tow 3 or even 4 cars hooked together west and then south through TX. How they get by towing a train of cars down I-10 amazes me.

I saw that for the first time a couple years ago going through Colorado and I was completely bamboozled on how they were not pulled over.

Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Thats right. Ususally a non-English speaking driver will tow 3 or even 4 cars hooked together west and then south through TX. How they get by towing a train of cars down I-10 amazes me.

I saw that for the first time a couple years ago going through Colorado and I was completely bamboozled on how they were not pulled over.

Only Americans have to follow our laws. Everyone else is exempt.

Originally Posted by blupupher
... They'll never learn (maybe) until they destroy their vehicle.

Nope. Have a co-worker that has lost 3 vehicles driving through flood water.
Each time her response to why she did it: "I thought I could make it".
All 3 were smaller sedans. Her husband bought her a little taller SUV this time (a 2009 or 2010 Explorer), but to her it just means she can go into deeper water.

Obligatory woman driver comment. I hope that her insurance company raised her rates dramatically!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back