First time Motorcraft filter user.. Your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a motorcraft FL2066 compared to a WIX WL10010 for pentastar 3.6 L v6 engines
These MC filter is made in China. Wix made in South Korea. The filter media on the motorcraft is very pressed and neat while the wix looks fuzzy if that makes sense. The spacing is much better on the motorcraft and this image I attached is facing the seams on both. Motorcraft on left with single stem. Wix with the quad stem. I can see the motorcraft end plates seat much nicer than the wix to the media . MC Appears to be very good quality in my opinion.
I use wix and purolator in my friends jeep and this MC looks like purolators version For same engine.
Just got it today for a good price.

Originally Posted By: bobcatz
Made by Purolator. If you were happy with Purolator before, you should be equally satisfied with the Motorcraft version.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Motorcraft filters may be made in Purolator factories, but they are made to Ford specs, and are a totally different beast. They're also consistently far better than Puro filters in terms of reliability and durability.

I've run many Motorcraft filters on my Fusion, both FL400s and FL910s.. and they've all come out of a 7,500 mile OCI looking as good as these two FL400s filters here, both of which came off my Fusion.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Motorcraft filters may be made in Purolator factories, but they are made to Ford specs, and are a totally different beast.

I wonder if Ford knows some of their Motorcraft filters have shown torn media (mostly model FL820S). Maybe Purolator used some of thier brittle media in some of the Motorcrafts.

This is something of great interest to me - we know RP filters are not made by RP but made to RP specs with the main complaint being cost. Someone else makes thousands of rebranded filters & jugs of oil. MC always appears to be a best value low cost filter. Scare-a-lator has moved me to FU - but now you are second guessing bypass setting etc. Now that I own a cut open tool I'll attempt to regain MC credibility even if it's off a Briggs & Stratton 19 HP ...

Questionable quality as with any Purolator product, proceed with caution! You are better sticking off with Fram or Wix in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back