First HDEO oil you used?

M1 TDT 5w40, in my lawnmower. Totally eliminated the need to top off throughout the season with PCMO 10w30. Later switched to T5 10w30 with similar effect (no smoke, no burning, level stayed at full) for a lesser price. The lesson for me was don't use PCMO regardless in the mower.

At my families water pump company in high school. Our small trucks were Ford 7.3’s(and two gas engine GM’s converted to LP gas). Grandfather had drums of Chevron Delo. We’d use that oil for everything from the 7.3’s to the GM service trucks to the larger L9000’s (think those had international & Cummins) as well as an international flatbed with a 342(?) v8.

Valvoline Premium Blue 15W40 then switched to Mobil oils: 5w40 TDT or Delvac extreme 15w40 Delvac 1300 15w40.

Texaco Ursa back in the '80s. We had a Texaco old distribution center here in town and you could buy any Texaco oils wholesale there much cheaper than any other brand. I know earlier in the thread I said Rotella but I had forgotten about using this oil back then.

Family had a construction business. We had bulk oil delivered to the shop from D-A Lubricants so my Bronco with a 302 got a steady diet of D-A Lubricants 15W-40

Also had free oil analysis. from D-A

Texaco Ursa back in the '80s. We had a Texaco old distribution center here in town and you could buy any Texaco oils wholesale there much cheaper than any other brand. I know earlier in the thread I said Rotella but I had forgotten about using this oil back then.
I also used some Ursa and XD-3.

Back in my highschool days(early 2000's) I used to think Rotella T 15w40 was God's gift to diesel engines.
it's the best cheap perfect stout oil for every engine, its like 15 dollars for a gallon, and I will run it confidently for at least 7,000 miles.

Yeah 30 wt for everything and 40 wt for the two stroke Detroits. Put 15-40 in a 77 or 78 Pre combustion Cat in an OC I had done on the road and our mechanic liked to have had a coronary. This was in the mid 80’s.

M1 TDT 5w40, in my lawnmower. Much better than PCMO 10w30 that Honda recommended, with which usually lead to me adding oil a couple of times a season. With M1 TDT it never moved off of full and ran great. I later found that T5 10w30 also didn't burn off and was easier to purchase in quart sizes.

Delo 15w-40 and sae40. 15w-40 went in duramax’s and the 40 went in the detroits in the sport fish.

Back