First HDEO oil you used?

Growing up on the farm we used Delo 15w40. Lately, dad uses Mobil Delvac. What was the first HDEO you folks used?

Hey @53' Stude I think this has been discussed here before...

For me personally it was Mobil Delvac ESP 5w40 in my Cummins Ram. Now I'm running Mobil Delvac 1300 15w40 and the next change will be Mystik JT8 15w40.

Just my $0.02

Shell Rotella T 15w40 when Zinc was lowered in 10w30 conventional oils. Used it in my Vette and Oldsey. Also used it other cars for short runs that were poorly serviced due to its detergent pack.

Rotella T6 5W40 in the tractor and then ATV in 2011, and then in the Neon for a summer or two. Now I use T4 15W40 as its seems to flow decently at -10C which is the coldest I normally start the tractor or ATV.

s-l400.jpg

Hey @53' Stude I think this has been discussed here before...

For me personally it was Mobil Delvac ESP 5w40 in my Cummins Ram. Now I'm running Mobil Delvac 1300 15w40 and the next change will be Mystik JT8 15w40.

Just my $0.02
Do’h! I entirely forgot bout that

The first HDEO I bought was probably all the Delvac 15W-40 I got from the Wallyworld pricing errors in 2020, I've never owned anything with a diesel engine in it, the first HDEO I actually used is when Walmart was clearancing out the 5W40 Delo in the summer of 2020 and I just bought my car and thought I'd changed the oil so I thought for $5/gal for full syn was a good choice, under $10 to fill my 7qt sump, prior to that I'd always used SAE30 or 10W30 PCMO in OPE and PCMO in all my gasoline engines.

Rotella 15w40 or 10w30. I was running a Chevy C-60 2 ton dump truck when I turned 16 hauling gravel and scrap metal and those are what I used. I would gather up a load of scrap during the week and then on Fridays I drove the truck and trailer to school. As soon as school let out I would run to the city about 40 miles from here to sell it. Made great money as a 16 year old kid. Me and that old truck ran a ton of miles together. Then in the summer I set it up to pull an inline bale trailer and hauled round bales.

I started with Rotella 15w-40 back around 2002. Rotella used to have a diesel fuel additive back then that was very good.

I then moved to Delvac 1 that I would go bring back from Canada when I made trips up there.

These days it’s a mix of Delvac, Delo, Rotella and Schaefer’s.

I started with Rotella 15w-40 back around 2002. Rotella used to have a diesel fuel additive back then that was very good.

I then moved to Delvac 1 that I would go bring back from Canada when I made trips up there.

These days it’s a mix of Delvac, Delo, Rotella and Schaefer’s.
Interesting, I never knew they had an additive. I was only 6 in 2002 though so it was probably before my time.

back in 2014 when I bought my 1995 F250 the guy I bought it from picked up a jug off the floor of the truck a jug of Mobil Delvac 1300 & Said "Use this oil it's the best oil in the world". :LOL: I used that oil a time or two but now I've used several different brands of oils since i'm not brand specific but I do have some favorites.

Back