Enjoy this animation by my daughter

Animation is very good. Showed it to my almost 5 year old grandson and he didn't understand it. He likes dinosaurs. I couldn't explain it to him because it baffled me also. Could be tech today is beyond the really young and the getting old. I dunno.

Great animation! One has to be a Chrome web developer to appreciate the subtle humor. Such as, the book titles refer to other Internet web tools, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari. Nice touch to hold them up with dinosaur bookends. The humor goes on-and-on....

I'm sure your daughter's boss is very happy with her outstanding effort!

Last edited:
I have an artsy side to my brain...but can't create broadcast worthy animation.

Your daughter's commercial is the EP version and likely how they're all made.

They're made longer and with differing scenes so they can be edited to any time frame.

Cultural biases, representations of authority, lifestyle clues are all included in the scene menue.

A+++ The little details such as the imperfection of the grains in the sand art bottles, reflections of the computer screen, textures, shadows, very impressive!

How long did something like this take? What software did she use, blender?

A+++ The little details such as the imperfection of the grains in the sand art bottles, reflections of the computer screen, textures, shadows, very impressive!

How long did something like this take? What software did she use, blender?
I heard somewhere that the reason the early CGI movies (A Bug's Life, c. 1997 comes to mind) looked so sterile was that they didn't have the computing power to add in the dust motes and so on that we don't notice but miss if they're not there.

The article also said that the children's CGI movie Bolt (c. 2008) was so good in part because computers by that point could put in the real-life imperfections. I really enjoyed the movie at the time.

Despite what I said in my first post I have zero artistic ability and would love having the ability to create such work.

Thanks for the kind words from all of you. The computer she is using was built in Dec 2019. And at that time I had RTX 2070 Super. Earlier this year I got her the RTX 4080 on the same computer. Software wise she had Maya and Blender... not sure which is being used.

Back