Elon working New Year's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff by the sounds of it Elon should have been figuring out where he went wrong on his whole California charging station plan. Sounds like there were hundreds that were trying to get around cali over the holidays and ended up stranded with everyone using the limited amount of charging stations that were available.
Some had to leave there cars near the station and Uber back and fourth to hotels. LOL

Originally Posted by P10crew
Jeff by the sounds of it Elon should have been figuring out where he went wrong on his whole California charging station plan. Sounds like there were hundreds that were trying to get around cali over the holidays and ended up stranded with everyone using the limited amount of charging stations that were available.
Some had to leave there cars near the station and Uber back and fourth to hotels. LOL

He got it wrong? C'mon man...
One of the major freeways was closed more than doubling the normal traffic.
Can you name any other manufacturer who has built a charging infracture?

Personally, I would not have used an EV for that type of trip.
I will say that I have seen people waiting to get on a charger; there is etiquitte.
For example, at work you get a text when your car is charged; you can even get charged for leaving your EV on too long after charging.
It is a different world, for sure.

Last edited:
Anyone that can leave work to unplug their car has a real Cush job.

A lot of people work holidays. Being braggadocio about it tells a lot about the person.

Originally Posted by PimTac

A lot of people work holidays. Being braggadocio about it tells a lot about the person.

I am talking about a company's parking lot that offers subsidized charging.
Very common around here; dunno about other places.

Personally, I have no set hours. I do not have to come into work.
I am expected to get my job done. There is a lot of this in Silicon Valley.

I am not sure who is bragging about working holidays...
I have done plenty and didn't like any of it.
But I had responsibility and I did my best to honor that responsibility.

Last edited:
From everything that can be read about him, I can only conclude that he desperately wants to be viewed by public like Steve Jobs and likes.
He works for holiday? I seriously do not know how I am going to fall a sleep tonight. Maybe we should start some donations? Chip in few bucks for him?

Last edited:
I worked right through New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and the rest of the week. Now I'm taking the weekend off.

Stock is at $485 today... Guess Elon and the team's work paid off?
And the Tesla shorters are taking it in the shorts again...

He's not working hard. Big deal.

My plant has been working maximum overtime, 3 shifts, 7 days a week and most holidays for the past 6+ years to make Tahoes/Suburbans/Yukons/Denali/Escalades and we still can't make enough. We have NO work/life balance other than vacation time. It is a blessing and a curse at the same time and money is not worth your health and missing family so I encourage everyone to consider your life over money when possible.

Originally Posted by Pew
I don't understand how working NYE means he (or anybody working NYE) has good work ethics just because of that one day.

It means 1 of 2 things, to me.

1) You would rather be at work because the holidays aren't a good time for you for whatever personal reason.
2) You have a job that sucks.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Pew
I don't understand how working NYE means he (or anybody working NYE) has good work ethics just because of that one day.

1) You would rather be at work because the holidays aren't a good time for you for whatever personal reason.

3) You want to achieve a goal.

From a market cap standpoint, Tesla is more valuable that GM and Ford combined.
Tesla more valuable than Ford and GM combined.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Pew

I prefer this slightly more complete article, which notes:

Originally Posted by CNBC
The companies' market caps, which measure the value of their outstanding equity, don't tell the full story. Taking into account equity, debt and cash, the Detroit automakers have significantly higher total valuations. Ford would be worth the most with a total enterprise value of $154 billion, followed by GM at $132 billion, according to data compiled by FactSet. Tesla's total enterprise value, including debt and cash, is about $92 billion, according to the financial data provider.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/07/tes...gm-ford-as-musk-celebrates-in-china.html

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Pew

Okay, I'll add #3 in. That's legit.

What? You never had a salary job? Every salary job I had, I could leave anytime I wanted to. I used to have a job where a group of us from work would go to lunch and we'd take 1 hour plus. I always wanted to go watch a movie during lunch but never got around to it.

Of course we also worked late and sometimes on weekends and we didn't get any extra pay. Although we did get bonuses at the end of the year.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

What? You never had a salary job? Every salary job I had, I could leave anytime I wanted to. I used to have a job where a group of us from work would go to lunch and we'd take 1 hour plus. I always wanted to go watch a movie during lunch but never got around to it.

Of course we also worked late and sometimes on weekends and we didn't get any extra pay. Although we did get bonuses at the end of the year.

I for one have NEVER had a salary job. Nor do I ever plan to, unless it is one where it is not feasible to extort my labor.

Not everyone has a salary job. Mine was hourly with lots of overtime and many shifts with no breaks. Healthcare is like that.

Not everyone has a salary job. Mine was hourly with lots of overtime and many shifts with no breaks. Healthcare is like that.

Well the original point was that lots of people out there also work on salary and just being on salary doesn't mean it's a cushy job. But being on salary mean that you can run errands once in a while but you still have to get your work done. In general people who are on salary make more money. There are certain salary jobs where you get abused. That only happens if you let it. I worked extra hours when I had to, but for certain jobs or projects if it was just too much, I knew when to call it a day and work on it tomorrow.

Working on commission is even more fun. You can work for weeks and make nothing. Or have one deal go right and make a killing.

Sadly, yes, but on the flip side you get paid for your hours, unlike salary.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Sadly, yes, but on the flip side you get paid for your hours, unlike salary.

With salary, all my jobs had comp time. But I never was able to use all of it. But that was mostly my fault. Also got good bonuses at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back