Ecogard X241

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese did their research on these.
No doubt stealing info and desires of the public off the net. They did this in my business as well.
Filtration efficiency aside ( did not study it) they put forth a good looking product.
Great informative boxing and the same details on the filter itself as well as 1/4 turn markers.

A real date code in straight English at the top that requires no deciphering of cryptic code.
A real heavy can on this model. The package outweighs a Wix-Fram TG and Ultra, MC FL series, Hastings, and a FleetGard.
And a filter condom:) My lingo for a plastic base plate cover to keep the bad stuff out. ( Picture 2 shows the cover.)

The base plate was deburred to perfection. Far nicer than my go to Ultra- my last Ultras and TG's are very sharp.
Bead blasted or tumbled and very slick. The center tube has not one sharp spot on it and the threaded boss is burr free.
They use a clear sealant-epoxy inside and everything looks robust.

Their 7317 clone was just as crisp and heavy and built to the same standard. Of course they look great but I have some uses for them and we will see. They were CHEAP too.............. This will fit my new C-Max but its such a pain to deal with it will always get an Ultra.......

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Cut it up, you know you want to..

Yeah-lol
I'm trying to reform
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Cut it up, you know you want to..

Yeah-lol
I'm trying to reform
smile.gif

Reform eh? LOL! That's why I love seeing your posts
wink.gif

That filter seems OK, I have installed a few and cut them open after 4K~ and they hold up good

Thanks Car51!
The X241 is the beauty of the line. By far the nicest looking of the bunch.
These were $1.86 each on sale............
Great for my lawn equipment......

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: blupupher
So where did you get it?

Yeah, don't leave us hangin
wink.gif

They are on sale on Amazon.

Yes on Amazon
Most were $1.86 add on item.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: car51
So where did you get it?

Yeah, don't leave us hangin
wink.gif

They are on sale on Amazon.

I have used the synthetic version awhile back and it was impressive for the cost.
But these I could not pass up. I use a bunch of filters here!

Hmm, For giggles I ordered some for my truck (x4651), 2 for $4.03.
They also have a synthetic media filter for $4.42.
Regular ones not sure what efficiency (says 98%, but not what size), synthetic is 99% @ 30 microns.

Weird thing is the PH3600 size (x195) is $4.77, the S195 is $11.33. Wonder why they are so proud of that model?

Looks good. As much I would like to be a flag waver for made in the USA filters, these Chinese filters of late have impressed me and seem to be a better bargain and better quality for a jobber type filter than anything the domestic oil filter manufacturers are making unless going up to a premium model filter.

I'm with you. I just buy to experiment and to be honest you have to call it like it is even if you are a patriot.
In the end Americans still make money but I'd rather live in a world where buy American is the norm.
Fram stepped up and the others need to follow......

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Looks good. As much I would like to be a flag waver for made in the USA filters, these Chinese filters of late have impressed me and seem to be a better bargain and better quality for a jobber type filter than anything the domestic oil filter manufacturers are making unless going up to a premium model filter.

Very nice to know about this brand's quality.

For what it's worth, Amazon also has the S241 (Synthetic version) for only $4.42 each.

I may have to sacrifice a couple of my old RockAuto-purchased filters to the virgin filter cutting gods, and replace them with a couple of these.

They seem to want to make a quality product to gain market share, not lose it like some defective filter makers known here. When they say synthetic filter it's misleading as then they describe it as a synthetic blend. Then there is Eco. What's Eco about it.

A couple of years ago, I bought a bunch of these for my Jeep from RockAuto. They were the Fram PH16 clones. They were cheap, the fit and finish was good and they looked good after they came off the engine. When I purchased them, I didn't know that they were Chinese and I'm not sure I would buy them again, but I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back