Easiest Car to work on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A V6 Mustang. It is 2WD RWD and has a V6 where a V8 would be. Lots of room to work.

5.jpg

Last edited:
The panther cars with the 5.0L are insanely easy, but so was my '88 F-250. You could just stand in the engine bay to work on the I6.

Most Hondas. Everything is designed to come apart and go back together easily, no weird tools needed, and 95% of the bolts are M6.

My 93 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4x4.
I could get under it for service without ramps or a lift and the inline 6 gave plenty of access around the engine compartment.
The driveline was pretty much bulletproof as well.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
55 chevy

+1 I still wish I had my 55, 6 cylinder, 3 speed on the column,4 door station wagon. Plenty of room to work on and easy to work on. I bet there are plenty of them in Cuba...still rolling.

Saturn s-series. R&D took long enough they let you get at most of the bolts. And the engine/transmission were made for that car so there were no funny adaptors to make things fit.

The removable door skins are pretty peachy for fixing window regulator or crash damage too.

The powertrain is light enough you can he-man the transmission around yourself (like for a clutch job) without any fancy jacks if it suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back