Drove Through NYC This Week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having grown up in New Mexico, worked for many years in northwestern Colorado, and retired in Nebraska, there is NO WAY I would ever attempt to drive in those areas. Way beyond my driving ability. Today and fifty years ago. Be safe.

After having driven in London, driving in Manhattan is a "piece of cake" by comparison
smirk.gif
. At least Manhattan is laid out in a grid pattern for the most part.

Whimsey

I didn't have any problem driving the truck really, the 26' Penskee trucks drive really well actually (this time it was a Hino, some kind of Toyota offspring). People see that big box truck turning twords them and they move! That's basically how I survived the Expressways, move over and let them honk. There was a couple "oh shoot!" moments, but I never got it stuck. This trip was well beyond our scope of work really (I work on conveyors, not drive truck...) and I initially refused but just so happens at the same time work gave out a generous Holiday bonus, so they suckered me. Like I said before, I'm mainly a country driver. I feel like I'm in a foreign country in the big city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back