How stupid can people be?

There was a manager at my employer that was arrested for going to a Chris Hansen style undercover sting operation. I read the official police report and this CREEP said he went to the house just to speak with the 15 year old girl. :rolleyes: Company had to pick up his company car at impound yard, the guy was also communicating with undercover female officer with his company cellphone.

Luckily he was arrested and fired….. but the company said nothing about why he was no longer with company. :censored: 🤫

The guy is now a registered sex offender for life. He was making approx $250K a year in his upper level management position.

Seems like "sickness" doesn't discriminate. I've watched a few of those shows and it actually seems like some people are truly remorseful. Problem is it's only a matter of time, and also recidivism. That word was funny in the movie "Raising Arizona."

Well - some here even tell us how people don't slack when WFH. Yeah right. But that's more human nature than idiocy.

But stupid? The king of stupid are people who pay good money for silver and/or gold and have some supposed honest guy hold the precious metals. With amazing regularity these fake bullion dealers are found out to be holding NOTHING. Money? Gone!
Saying it again--check the local Costco in the middle of the week, check the local Walmart in the middle of the week.

You'll find remote workers shopping at Costco, and Walmart empty.

Now go back to the Costco thought. When I am there, I am on my lunch break, and in a super hurry. You can tell by how fast I'm moving through the store. There are in fact maybe 5 others like that. The rest have all the time in the world. Please fact check me, I would like others to observe what I have.

Now, flash forward to the day before a long weekend. Costco is also packed--the same people. But now, the majority is in a hurry. Because this is their time, not the company's time.

Now let's throw out names who think remote work is an aberration.

Goldman. JP Morgan. Google. Amazon. Because they got burned.

I am not a realtor in the commercial space, but even I can visualize low occupancy, high vacancy, lowered values, damages our economy.

I do work 2/5 days remote, and it is, what it is.

Saying it again--check the local Costco in the middle of the week, check the local Walmart in the middle of the week.

You'll find remote workers shopping at Costco, and Walmart empty.

Now go back to the Costco thought. When I am there, I am on my lunch break, and in a super hurry. You can tell by how fast I'm moving through the store. There are in fact maybe 5 others like that. The rest have all the time in the world. Please fact check me, I would like others to observe what I have.

Now, flash forward to the day before a long weekend. Costco is also packed--the same people. But now, the majority is in a hurry. Because this is their time, not the company's time.

Now let's throw out names who think remote work is an aberration.

Goldman. JP Morgan. Google. Amazon. Because they got burned.

I am not a realtor in the commercial space, but even I can visualize low occupancy, high vacancy, lowered values, damages our economy.

I do work 2/5 days remote, and it is, what it is.

More affluent neighborhoods usually have jobs that are more flexible than less affluent neighborhoods or have jobs that where the household can live off one income instead of two or more.

Companies that dislike remote work is usually because of the corporate culture of all work, no play; companies that have restaurants, daycares, etc so you can spend all your time at work. As far as high vacancy/lowered values go, that's not mine nor my company's problem. In my company's specific case because the majority of our employees work remote, we have decided to reduce our office size which has saved us more money compared to the very small amount of productivity lost (we've been keeping track of our productivity rate since the lockdown started.)

Plus it's nice to save 3 hours of commuting time, train tickets, gas, etc when not having to go into the office.

EDIT: We have had to fire one person for their sudden lack of productivity once we went remote but everybody else is fine. Most of our remote workers still go out to work sites as per their jobs but it makes no sense to have them come into the office to write one report that they could have done at home. I did setup the company to be able to work remotely if such an event like the past 3 years we experienced so we were prepared by the time the lockdown started and all employees had the proper equipment to work remote without a problem. My clients on my side-gig weren't prepared so they did struggle a lot in the beginning and middle of the lockdown.

Last edited:
Back