Do you snore?

I did snore until I got diagnosed with sleep apnea and started using a CPAP machine.
Me too, from what I've been told, it's not a joke. My hunch is many don't do a sleep study because of the cost or even the stigma? What I hate is the fact that the machine is maybe $600 cash online, but needs a rx, so insurance pays almost $2,000. And, they monitor compliance--if not used, they stop paying....maybe many feel this isn't worth the trouble....back in the day I think the sleep study was almost $7k so I had to go to max out of pocket. maybe it's less now, who knows...

edit googled and found this

p.p.s. I looked it up with the health care app, I'd pay $40 today to get a sleep study ($0 deductible $0 coinsurance plan). Everything is $40 from hip replacement to brain surgery to you name it. I really ought to have one done and get a new machine...

Last edited:
I honestly don't know, but wife says I do so I must. Loosing weight over the past couple of years has helped, per wife.
We do like sleeping together but if the dog were still alive and she went to a different bedroom the dog would go with her since he always did like her better.

Back