Do you snore?

I do, but several sleep studies later has determined it is not obstructive apnea, nor do I stop breathing. Its more due to a "fat" palate. If I lose a good amount of weight, (>20lbs.) it goes away. Until then, I sleep in another room with the dogs. They snore louder than me.

I snore . What do you do to reduce or eliminate snoring, besides go to another room, so the wife can sleep?
Don't sleep on back. Spouse and I have been in separate rooms for decades, lol. She snores, I snore. I need to move around the bed from one side to another. Sleeping together is overrated

I snore . What do you do to reduce or eliminate snoring, besides go to another room, so the wife can sleep?
I moved into an upstairs bedroom. Best decision of my life. It's a win win for both me and the wife. I've gotten so used to my personal space, vacation presents some challenges but at least that's only a short-term issue.

I almost completely stopped snoring when I quit drinking. I still snore a bit if I am extremely tired and sleeping on my back.
Same.

A lady friend told me I did but only on my back and after a week of us traveling with little sleep. I'm fairly fit so it isn't weight related.

I bring these heros ear plugs on trips, and its funny, nobody ever wants to take a pair, that way they have an excuse and reason to complain the next morning.

I do and had my dentist made an oral mouth guard for me. It works for me.

Last edited:
we just bought a new bed that adjusts. It has a no snoring position. The head is slightly elevated. It seems to be working. It is not perfect, the wife still snores some nights, and I probably do as well. The mattress is better than our old bed and I'm liking the slight incline. We also got temperpedic pillows. I think that is helpful as well.

Just my $0.02

I snore like a grizzly bear.

I can NOT sleep on my back (hurts my back) or stomach (hurts my neck).

Back