Do you like eating at Chipotle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chipotle is ok,but it's gets expensive,We have a local Mexican food truck/trailer ,that's open pretty much year round,it's off the side of the road across from the towns main street,tacos are a buck and cans of soda for 50 cents,best food ever,

They char grill the chicken and grill the peppers and onions.Place has big line at lunch time,

Last edited:
Really like it. Double steak burrito is the way to go. Probably go every couple weeks. It's like subway. If you don't like to put anything on it, it may not be a great deal. I load mine down pretty good so I feel it is not a bad deal. Tried Moe's a couple times but thats it. Won't go back. Really didn't care for the food and the place was dirty. Another one that I will never go back to is Pancheros for the same reasons.

This thread makes me want to revisit some of Chipotle's competitors lol. We have Freebirds, Moe's, Torchys, Fuzzys and all the muy authentico places here.

But as is the case with Chipotle, it's not easy to go to any place just once and get it right. They all do prep differently and it takes a few times to figure out what's good.

Never have and most likely never will. Not a fan of chain restaurants that start....and then finish....on a particular, momentary, food craze.

Maybe once a week or so. I like it because the food is decent and I can have a burrito in hand in two minutes after I walk in.....that is if I get there before 11:30, when the rush begins. The rice is very good to me and I've even tried a few home recipes with mixed results.

I'd prefer a Qdoba, but Chipotle is the one that's in my area (as I work in the field).

Originally Posted By: gatorfast
I feel like I am in the twilight zone with 1) people having never been to Chipotle and 2) people preferring Moes over chipotle

I can tolerate Moes, its fine for what it is, but no one in their right mind would pick it over Chipotle. The fact that you can usually walk into a Moes and go straight to the counter to order while Chipotle has a line out the door should tell you something...

I drive by Chipotle all the time just too busy for me to stop and wait in a loooooong line.

Moes is pretty good for the money.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Burittos are a food craze?

No...you missed the entire point.

The whole "Chipotle" thing right now. You mean to tell me you aren't aware of the "chipotle" this and "chipotle" that craze at the moment? Do you grocery shop much?

Besides...if I want REAL hispanic food, I stop at a taco truck and get something traditional, inexpensive, and delicious.

Last edited:
Around here, even the taco trucks disappoint.

The last time I had great Mexican food was in Mexico.
smile.gif

I like tortas from Frontera a lot, but I'm not sure that what they make classifies as traditional Mexican food. It's tasty though. They have 3 locations at O'Hare. I always try to grab one if I'm flying through it during lunch or dinner time.

For the most part I like it, I don't consider it Mexican food though, we've got the best local places here in Phoenix.

I had it last night and did not like it, it was cold.

But I work evenings and sometimes pick up a burrito before work and reheat it, much better when it's hot throughout instead of being cold from the salsa.

No. The few times I ate there, 15-something years ago, I wasn't too impressed. I remember lots of rice (cheap).

Where I live, the real thing is everywhere. Including my own kitchen.

Got Chipotle today and it was great. They were generous with the meat and we ordered with extra brown rice, extra grilled peppers and onions, and extra black beans. Meat was marinated and grilled very well. Salsa was very good too. We usually get the bowl.

Only ate about 1/3 of it. Paired it with fries from In n Out which went well.

I think the trick is to order online. My local Chipotle seems to fill those orders way better than when you turn up.

We have access to plenty of Mexican and other Latin American restaurants. Taco trucks as well as nice restaurants and things in between. Have tried many. It is hard to say what is authentic Mexican food because it actually varies from place to place. One place we went to was quite different and told us that what they served was the same as that served in Mexico. Then you have different types of Mexican food in different states let alone differences within states.

I believe that Chipotle was based on the style of burritos that you get in the Mission District in San Francisco. It's another version of Mexican food. I don't think there's anything wrong in reinterpreting and developing styles of food. Sometimes I like authentic and sometimes I prefer updated versions or fusions. The more choices in the food, the better I think.

I like it. I get the chicken bowl with black beans, brown rice, corn, tomatoes, green salsa and sometimes guacamole. I bring it home, and eat it with Trader Joe's chips and a bottle of whatever hot sauce I'm in the mood for that day. Mr Pibb on the side.
I get it about once every other month since I'm the only one that likes it.

I went to one in Washington DC a couple of years ago and was disappointed that they didn't sell quesadillas. What kind of Mexican restaurant doesn't sell them?

Originally Posted By: Patman
I went to one in Washington DC a couple of years ago and was disappointed that they didn't sell quesadillas. What kind of Mexican restaurant doesn't sell them?

Good point!

I've only been there three times, actually felt like it was pretty good IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back