Do you like eating at Chipotle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xBa380
Eat there all the time. We always online order and just walk in and pickup our stuff to go without a wait (usually). Never wait in the line.

Chipotle is better than 95% of the other food options to pick up while on the go. We don't really eat out often at all (once every few weeks), but it's usually Chipotle when we do.

Good idea, this way you can be near your own bathroom when the Salmonella kicks in...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

I still have never eaten at Chipotle due to the packed parking lot. Any recommendations ?

I've had it a few times. It's OK, but IMO it's not worth jumping through hoops to get it. You're not missing much.

I'll go every few months. My usual is a chicken burrito, brown rice, black beans, hot and corn salsa, sour cream, and cheese. It's conveniently right across the street from my office.

I still have never eaten at Chipotle due to the packed parking lot. Any recommendations ?

If the parking lot is packed because the Chipotle is busy then it's probably a good place to eat.

A rule of thumb I use when looking for someplace to eat is look for somewhere with a queue. Asking the local police officers in a small town is also a fairly good guide.

Claud.

Last edited:
Chipotle is my wife's present favorite, I think it's decent but we mostly go there to make her happy. I was really bummed when they dropped the chorizo, it wasn't quite the real thing but was still good. Mostly have had barbacoa otherwise, maybe will go with carnitas next time for something different. I like that their hot sauce actually has some heat and I don't need to add Cholula or whatever. Have never gotten sick from Chipotle, it has happened with Taco [censored] but I still love that place as a guilty pleasure.
Qdoba is also in the area and I keep thinking their food will be better, but am always disappointed.
The best chain food of this type I have ever had is Baja Fresh in LA, much better than Chipotle and just plain really good food. When I am in Chicago, I still know some places on the West Side that are just primo for casual Mexican and I can also get a horchata.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone with 1) people having never been to Chipotle and 2) people preferring Moes over chipotle

I can tolerate Moes, its fine for what it is, but no one in their right mind would pick it over Chipotle. The fact that you can usually walk into a Moes and go straight to the counter to order while Chipotle has a line out the door should tell you something...

* I have gotten somewhat on the toilet from the place two times. It was known in Boston to food poison a bunch of university students pretty badly but that was site specific.
* Long line easy to avoid by ordering online off phone/pickup but first visit you need to see what it is
* I only get it takeout when going skiing riding up eat hard and then leave in car to freeze overnight then cold for a cheap filling ski lunch.
* Burrito is way too much food and need to split into two meals
* There are better choices locally however many places don't have a lot of other choices
* teens and college crowd loves it

Originally Posted By: gatorfast
The fact that you can usually walk into a Moes and go straight to the counter to order while Chipotle has a line out the door should tell you something...

I'm not a fan of Moe's but I will say this... Chipotle is a fad- it will be less popular before you know it. The hipster movement in Chicago is already switching it up and heading for the "Authentic Mexican" food joints, and soon enough everyone else will follow (similar to how Chipotle got so popular here).

I will still continue to consume Chipotle 2x/week. It's a great meal after a workout!
smile.gif

I been there a couple times, nothing outstanding. I actually make my own "bowls" at home. Cheaper, fresher and good!

I'll definitely try them one day, there's a few in central FL.

madRiver,

I don't mind a big burrito for the money and splitting it for two meals.

I've tried to like it, but every time I am dragged in there, I end up either feeling ill afterwards, or feeling massively disappointed.

Living in Phoenix, there are FAR FAR better choices for Mexican food than Chipotle, so I just avoid it.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz

Also, just do yourself a favor... forget about Chipotle, get on a plane to Phoenix, then Uber to Cafe Rio in Tempe or Scottsdale. It will change your life forever.

I could say the same for Torchy's Tacos in Austin/Dallas/Houston. There are SO many better places. This vid totally sums up my opinion of everything (not just the horrible queso) at Chipotle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNT_kJDDdI

Chipotle's ingredients are of a higher quality than most at that price point so it's one of the family's top choices for takeaway or eating out especially when travelling and when time is tight.

Brown rice, beans, veggies are all healthy and nutritious. Guacamole is also good and their meat is also of good quality.

There's usually enough for 1.5 to 2 meals and you can ask them to load up on all ingredients except the meat.

Our kids eat there more often, and it's usually a takeaway. Not the greatest place to eat in at.

Anglo "Mexican" food. NOT GREAT-if you think it's authentic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back