Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

How about this L28ET-swapped Maxima wagon?

1000002611.jpg

When I was 16 years old [1969] a Z28 Camaro was my dream car but I bought a 70 Dodge Challenger the a 340 , stick shift etc. Cars can be fun when just purchased but cars never make my live worth living. A vehicle to me is no more than a tool to get done what you want it to do.

Funny I actually liked the 1990 Blazer but I was a kid it wasn't even anything I could even buy/consider at the time. Before that was a 1987 Volvo 740 Turbo wagon, again, just a kid dreaming (I had a 1979 264 GLE)....I still dream like that...

As far as new goes, Audi RS3. If it wasn’t for wait lists and markups I’d probably make peace with the price.

When I was a kid my dad had a 99 Mitsubishi Montero, and he used to take me camping all the time in it. Lots of great memories with that car and my dad. My grandpa got a 2001 montero a few years before my dad sold the 99 Montero, but Grandpa's montero was mostly driven by my aunts, so it spent a lot of time sitting in the winter and a lot of time traveling to new Mexico in the summer (2 of my aunts worked at philmont scout ranch over the summer for a few years) eventually the 2001 montero broke and was parked, the 99 Montero was sold and my dad bought a suburban. When my dad sold the 99 Montero i decided I would get a montero and go offroading like my dad did in his montero. years later I bought the 2001 Monty from my grandpa, fixed it, and I've been driving it since. And me and my dad even go offroading a few times a year. So I guess I have my dream car.

I've always thought a bmw wagon or a c7 Corvette would be a sick car to have one day but neither of those are really dream cars.

And owning a slow crusty beater with hard to find parts is kinda worth it, but if I had a second car the Montero would spend most of its time sitting. It costs a lot to feed at 15 mpg and it's pretty slow and top heavy, so it's more fun to drive off road.

Obligatory picture
IMG_20230629_143448119_HDR.jpg

But today at my age cars fit into the category of being a sort of necessary evil.
This is where I'm at with it too. Daily driven cars used for transportation necessity are a depreciating asset. I'd rather spend money elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind having an older weekend car that would probably do a better job of holding value, but I'm not at that point in my life right now where I have the time for something like this.

Classic (will likely never happen): 1967-1970 Porsche 911
New: Already driving it. 2021 F150 5.0

2024 Tacoma.
2.4L Turbo 4Cylinder.
4x4.
Short Bed DoubleCab.
6MT.
Work Truck White.
With the appropriate rims.
ARE Tonneau Cover.
HPL gear oil at Transfer Case, Rear Axle and Transmission.
HPL 10W20.
30K Mile OCI.
Chevron 91 Octane.

Last edited:
I want a Shelby cobra replica.
Spasm, Here ya go ! Bottom right, 427 cammer, hope you like the Cobra in red. It’s the only ’ Ford ‘ in my ‘collection’ ! :sneaky: My favorite is the 67 Corvette L88 top right, 1 of only 20 built and has been my dream car for 56 years! ;) The 57 Corvette Fuelie top left is Mrs G’s favorite since it was born the same year as she. The 53 Chevy truck is a worker as it has a load of wood in the bed!:D

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 10
Nothing sensible comes to mind. A Jaguar XK120 sounds good on paper only. Just the notion of owning one of my dream cars gives me anxiety. A dream come true would likely become a nightmare.

Back