Do you draft semis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in my VW bug days, when I used to be immortal, I tried it without much success at varying distances. Nobody in their right mind lingers around a semi.If possible, never pass one on the right either.

When I first rode the freeway with a UJM it was very tempting to do that.
But, do you know a semi can hide an entire car hood? It's not fun to two-wheel over a car hood.

i use to drive very aggressive. but i finely came to understand i was not gaining any thing. now i make sure i use the turn signal , and stay in right lane, ect. mostly to cheat the police out of money. my ex cant beleave that i changed my driving that much

Unless you have x-ray vision, you drafting means you don't know whats ahead of the semi.

Semi drivers can and do fall asleep at the wheel or zone out.

Sounds like a good way to die, all because you wanted to save some gas.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Back in my VW bug days, when I used to be immortal, I tried it without much success at varying distances. Nobody in their right mind lingers around a semi.If possible, never pass one on the right either.

The bug might be too aerodynamic … the VW van he had was a breadbox
wink.gif

When I was in second year Uni, a guy that I know had an original mini...drove me the 400km back home one Friday night, tucking right into the bump bard of semis...saved him heaps of fuel apparently.

And company thereafter, as I hated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back