DEXRON VI. MOBIL V VALVOLINE V AC DELCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered AC Delco Dex VI off eBay - and it does not say full synthetic like ACD gear oil ... if you change it often enough either/or will do well ...

Ya i also see mobil dex vi on the internet for around 5.50 a quart.
Good flash good viscosity index no pour point reported.

I am curious now as to what my sis equinox atf looks like with less than 20k miles.

I am surprised by black atf at around 30k to 40k with newer atf dex vi. Wonder if lv has something to do with it.

My 88 rx7 auto with 70k miles and factory fill dex still looks almost red.

Originally Posted By: merconvvv

Pennzoil platinum lv dex vi approved is almost all gtl upto 90 percent.

What is your information source for this?

I asked Gena Fishbeck about this back when the line of PP driveline gluids were first released, and SOPUS stated no GTL is used in any of their driveline fluids, platinum or otherwise.

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Thank you for reaching out to us, Nyogtha. Pennzoil Platinum Transmission and Axles Oils such as ATF+4, build on the technology of Pennzoil Platinum motor oils by offering full synthetic performance with a wide range of products designed to meet vehicle needs. However, the driveline products do not contain PurePlus Technology (natural gas/GTL). The Pennzoil Platinum driveline oils’ labels were redesigned to feature similar labels to Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oils to provide a recognizable look for the entire product portfolio. Hope this info helps! - The Pennzoil Team

The MSDS for PP MVLV ATF says nothing about GTL either.

Last edited:
Fischer tropic linear cyclic c18 to 50 something like that off the top of my head lol
I think that is gtl

Could you please post a link to support your assertion because this is what's readily available in the public domain for PP MVLV ATF and it has none of those words, congruent with the info direct from SOPUS via Gina Fishbeck (no GTL in Pennzoil / PP driveline products).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2NTEAdC4vxcG9QSThjeW02WlU/view?usp=drivesdk

Personally I have no reason to disbelieve SOPUS.

Last edited:
I think you are quoting pennzoil from a long time agooo.

The one below is not exactly what you want but shows pennzoil atf with gtl.
I dont know how to upload the file.
I got it from homedepot.com
smile.gif

I also recall seeing quaker state ultimate atf with gtl. Exact same as pp.
I will try to find the exact one.

SAFETY DATA SHEET
According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR
1 / 15 US
Version 1.2 Revision Date: 07/07/2015 Print Date: 07/08/2015
SECTION 1. IDENTIFICATION
Product name : Pennzoil Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF
Product code : 001E7844
Manufacturer or supplier's details
Manufacturer/Supplier : Shell Oil Products US
P.O. Box 4427
Houston TX 77210-4427
USA
SDS Request : (+1) 877-276-7285
Customer Service :
Emergency telephone number
Spill Information : 877-504-9351
Health Information : 877-242-7400
Recommended use of the chemical and restrictions on use
Recommended use : Automatic Transmission Fluid
SECTION 2. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
GHS Classification
Not a hazardous substance or mixture.
GHS Label element
Hazard pictograms : No Hazard Symbol required
Signal word : No signal word
Hazard statements : PHYSICAL HAZARDS:
Not classified as a physical hazard under GHS criteria.
HEALTH HAZARDS:
Not classified as a health hazard under GHS criteria.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Not classified as an environmental hazard under GHS criteria.
Precautionary statements : Prevention:
No precautionary phrases.
Response:
Storage:
Disposal:
Other hazards which do not result in classification
Prolonged or repeated skin contact without proper cleaning can clog the pores of the skin result-
ing in disorders

SAFETY DATA SHEET
According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR
2 / 15 US
Version 1.2 Revision Date: 07/07/2015 Print Date: 07/08/2015
Used oil may contain harmful impurities.
Not classified as flammable but will burn.
The classification of this material is based on OSHA HCS 2012 criteria.
Under normal conditions of use or in a foreseeable emergency, this product does not meet the
definition of a hazardous chemical when evaluated according to the OSHA Hazard Communica-
tion Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200.
SECTION 3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Chemical nature : Highly refined mineral oil.
Synthetic base oil and additives.
The highly refined mineral oil contains w) DMSO-
extract, according to IP346.
Hazardous components
Chemical Name Synonyms CAS-No. Concentration (%)
Distillates (Fischer -
Tropsch), heavy, C18-50 –
branched, cyclic and linear
Distillates (Fischer-
Tropsch), heavy,
C18-50-branched,
cyclic and linear
848301-69-9 0 - 90
SECTION 4. FIRST-AID MEASURES
General advice : Not expected to be a health hazard when used under normal
conditions.
If inhaled : No treatment necessary under normal conditions of use.
If symptoms persist, obtain medical advice.

No you are mistaken. My reply from Gena Fishbeck was Oct. 2015, which is newer than the date of the info you posted which is not even for PP MVLV. I believe SOPUS, you still have not posted a link showing documentation PP MVLV contains up to 90% GTL as you asserted in post 4429211

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
Well i send a request to mobil to clarify re flash point of their dex vi.
The sds indicates > 185c and 30 to 40 percent gtl.

Pennzoil platinum lv dex vi approved is almost all gtl upto 90 percent.

Do you even have any links showing GTL is an approved base stock for licensed Dex VI and Licensed Mercon LV fluids?

Last edited:
Look friend i got no stake in this.
Did you go to homedepot web site like suggested and look up the pennzoil synthetic atf and click the sds ???
You can believe the oil companies. I got no problem with that.
You probably think qsud motor oil is not gtl.
Only the beloved pp motor oil gets gtl.

You can believe whatever you want I want to see YOUR "facts" regarding PP MVLV ATF. I posted what I see for facts including the MSDS available in the public domain. You just type a bunch of stuff not even for a OEM licensed fluid or two, much less a fluid licensed for two OEM applications simultaneously.

As Sgt. Friday was famous for saying, "Just the facts please." On-topic for licensed Dex VI and Mercon LV simultaneously.

Last edited:
You already had your facts wrong.
Dont know how to help you anymore.

"
I asked Gena Fishbeck about this back when the line of PP driveline gluids were first released, and SOPUS stated no GTL is used in any of their driveline fluids, platinum or otherwise.
"

Looks like you have ZERO facts to support your post, and there are plenty contradicting it. And like I said info from Gena post-dates the dates you typed, so it's more recent. Show us a link from the current Shell catalogue like I did for facts. It's really that simple. You're the one wandering away from your claim on a specific dual OEM licensed fluid.

smile.gif

"
"
___

Still no link . . . You can use the link tool above the text box, shows links of a chain and has instructions. Zero documents from Shell put up by you, just a bunch of typing that has nothing to do with PP MVLV ATF still.

Last edited:
If i had the link i would ofcourse share with you friend.
But i have gone thru lots of searches to make my head hurt !!!

I gave you a link that is easily remembered by me as it was home depot and i was considering buying that pennzoil synthetic atf for the other car.

Ya lets believe sopus that no gtl is used in any atf.
I got no problem with it. I do apolize my friend.

That's one point, the other is the Home Depot link also shows 0-90%, so that product can be produced with 0% Fischer-Tropsch all day long and still comply with the MSDS. Companies protect trade secrets best they can, anyone who has worked extensively with SDS knows this first hand, and protection of trade secrets is a plank of the OSHA PSM program.

If post 4429211 had included a qualifier such as "It is the belief of the High Priest of The First Church of GTL, in the absence of any corresponding documentation, that" before the statement on PP MVLV Dex VI approved ATF, it would have been a lot more transparent.

the quotes such as high priest of the first church are getting too wierd for me.

If home depot link was for lv it would still say 0-90 and not satisfy him.

Poor shear stability of non-LV ATF was said to be one of several reasons for upward revision of shear stable LV ATF in mid 2000's.
When Pennzoil Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF claims to have 0-90 % 'GTL', I like to speculate the more current LV version would have more if not similar 'GTL', percentage wise .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
That's one point, the other is the Home Depot link also shows 0-90%, so that product can be produced with 0% Fischer-Tropsch all day long and still comply with the MSDS. Companies protect trade secrets best they can, anyone who has worked extensively with SDS knows this first hand, and protection of trade secrets is a plank of the OSHA PSM program.

This is absolutely correct. At one time I used to write MSDS for a living, and the LAST thing a company will do is reveal trade secrets via those sheets. They are written for hazardous spill responders and firefighters and nothing else. There is a ton of leeway when writing the sheets which will comply with the requirements of a MSDS yet protect formulation details.

In fact, if you can write an MSDS to be in compliance but deliberately obscure the true formulation in order to deceive your competitors, all the better. The people on here who try and divine minute details from an MSDS (aka "reading the tea leaves") really have no idea what the purpose is of those sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back