Mobil 1 Blue Label vs Dexron VI

My ‘21 Traverse transmission is starting to shudder slightly at 20,000 miles. Plan to do a drain and fill and am intrigued by the Mobil 1 Blue Fluid but I cannot find if it is officially compatible with Dexron VI. Any thoughts? TIA

Sorry wrong one. You mean this one, vs the multi vehicle blue label. It also seems to list VI? In theory it seems they both meet spec. The multi vehicle seems to have a little higher viscosity?

1704035211947.png

1704035160011.png

Last edited:
A '21 with only 20k miles on it? Is there a reason you want to do the service on a car that should still be in warranty? I'm with @BobsArmory and @MalibuRam65. Let the dealership service it.

If it is something more than fluid, then they will have the service records and know what they did, and better understand what to do next.

if OP does decide on dealer service , it would be nice to hear what the outcome is,
my guess is that the dealer will say vehicle is running to spec an send you on your way

if OP does decide on dealer service , it would be nice to hear what the outcome is,
my guess is that the dealer will say vehicle is running to spec an send you on your way
This would be the second time. It had done it much worse at 4,400 miles which they did a drain and fill per a TSB where the trans were assembled with too much assembly lube.

Back