Dead Washing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the filings come from straight up or nearly do, makes sense. Start by looking around carefully up above.
Here's a trick I use when I can't get at something to see, YOUR SMARTPHONE.. setting to flash stick it in there and fire away changing positions for coverage. The huge Benny , you can blow the suspect ones up for a close up worms eve view. Works like a charm and free. Do try a cheapo mechanics stethoscope though. If something's rubbing it's soooooo helpful zeroing in on it. It's a tool you'll use again and again guaranteed .
Do get with that forum though. Chances are DanO May well tell you what part usually fails. That site Also gives you the parts schematic do you can see what comes off how to 🙈go where.

Originally Posted by Rhymingmechanic
That's what I'm worried about. The bearing and transmission stuff could add up to the cost of a new washer.

That's exactly how the manufacturers plan it. Best bet is to go buy another cheap new one.

Unless you are lucky enough to live near a appliance scrap yard, but then again I bet if you looked at other similar units all those parts are also worn out.

Problem solved. I spent the day getting my landlord's old washer out of the shed, only to find it had a leaky pump. He went out and got a new washer.

I have a busy few weeks coming up, so it's good not to have to fix the old one or find a new one right away. I'll definitely look into Speed Queen when I get ready to buy another one of my own, though.

Thanks for all the help.

Get off of renting, before investing heavily into anything.
You want to own stuff like homes. Not live and pay someone else for their home.

Homes are a good investment (most times). Shelling out 1K every month to borrow someone else's home is a bad investment. In the meantime, if you need a future washer, buy used dirt cheap. Plenty of used appliances stores around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back