New-ish Maytag washing machine from 2018 is already dead

Our Maytag HE is 7 years old and performs flawlessly still. Always run with Full Loads set at either Bulk Load Wash (towels & everyday colors clothes) or we run it on Deep Water Wash (whites, rags, small thin throw blankets).

Fingers crossed that I get another 2-3 years out of it at little or no cost. They sure don't make washers like they used to. So when we bought it, I had hoped to get 10 years use out of it. It's just me and the wife at home. So it's not getting used that much.

Being driven in circles with such little thrust water turning - without the old school long arm agitation, I wasn't expecting it to clean well. But somehow it does clean pretty well..... better than what I expected. The Bulk load setting doesn't need an extra rinse cycle. But all the other settings sure do. All these other Wash Settings feed the dirty clothes with such little water. Sometimes the washer is in clean mode and all the clothes aren't even fully wet yet.

I constantly stick around the basement and seem to always add more water to these non Bulk Load washes. I sure won't buy another one like this Maytag HE. I will go back to a real agitator system like the models Speed Queen uses.

Last edited:
I got a Speed queen TC5 washer and i don't know why i didn't buy one sooner after a maytag i bought didn't last a year. My maytag dryer still works ok but i got a old kenmore from the early 90's just when the maytag pukes.

Maytag is now a Whirlpool with different badging and, after too many Whirlpool washers gave us bad service (unrepairable) we have gone with a Speed Queen. We'll see how that works out but it does come with a 7 year warranty.

The Maytag repairman is a lot busier than he used to be. Speed Queen repairman is the lonely one today.

Paco

Back