Comfy Work Shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking shoes as opposed to boots?

No idea on PPE shoes, but boots I've been through countless pairs over the years. For the past 6yrs or so I've been hooked on Timberland Pros in terms of comfort , wear and low cost. My company pays for them when ever I need them due to my work, but get a bit twitchy if you go super high dollar. My problem working as a production tech in a series of cryogenic air sep plants (and others) is it's so easy to freeze and crack the soles of your boots. A $250 pair will get wrecked as quick as an $89 pair.

The OP doesnt say his/her occupation.

Sorta like - "What's the absolute best oil for my car?"
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The OP doesnt say his/her occupation.

Sorta like - "What's the absolute best oil for my car?"
smile.gif

IT guy in a manufacturing plant

Steel toe/Composite toe may be for the 1/1,000 when something heavy/cornerly/metally is around my feet.

This is interior work, so I would prefer shoes just for the weight/pickled feet. Also easier to react to bad ladders/moving ladders for my safety.

My medium walk around is between 4k-12k steps per 8-10 hours.

for now looks good to me (not tried on yet):
-timberland PRO Unisex Anti-Fatigue insoles (tried varieties of dr scholls: ouch, too hard on the arch support, too soft/not supporty on heel)
-Timberland PRO Men's Titan Safety Toe Oxford
-Timberland PRO Men's Stockdale Grip Max OX Alloy-Toe Work and Hunt Boot (it's a shoe)
-Caterpillar Men's Tyndall Esd Industrial and Construction Shoe(soft toe/composite toe or no toe protection?)
-Caterpillar Men's Tyndall Steel Toe / Black Work Shoe

I'm going for changing my line of work in about 6months-1year, so I want to be able to use those shoes with jeans/khakis when i'm gone.....

Much appreciated all suggestions from everybody who posted here.

P.S. Deer Stags, the models with really thin soles make for some really-really good driving shoes (tried Chicago-FL, Chicago-GA, Chicago-SC and back with no problems)... But not adequate on factory floor/concrete floor+metal chips

I don't need safety shoes, so it is Rockports for me as well. I buy a pair every 6 months and rotate them out after 18 months to two years of service.

We get $150 every year from the company for safety shoes and one year I did get the Timberland PRO Men's Titan Safety Toe Oxford Slip On shoes. They look very nice and you can wear with jeans..... but they were not comfortable for daily work, my feet always hurt. If you'll only be at your current job for a short time then buy these Timberland shoes.

I currently wear these Caterpillar - slip on work shoes that are more comfortable than the Timberlands I had, but not as comfortable as Red Wings.

http://www.bootbarn.com/cat-mens-steel-toe-conclude-slip-on-work-shoes/050J17.html

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Doc Martens Chukka boots with Timberland insoles.

Have had numerous pairs of Docs, wing tips, loafers and boots for those snowy winter mornings.
I've always found them to be very comfortable and long wearing.
A nice little feature is that those who know will compliment you on the Docs you're wearing, even though they're now made in Asia and not England.
I have a couple of old worn pairs of Docs wingtips I use as utility shoes for grass cutting and car work.
They remain comfortable even without socks.

I do IT for local government.

At the recommendation of a bunch of the officers, I bought a pair of 511 boots.

They have been very good and comfortable for 10-12 hour shifts. I am on my feet a lot, and do a ton of walking.

I throw them out once a year, but for $89 the price is right.

The only thing is you will need to invest in some odor eater insoles and replace them frequently, especially if it is 90-100 degrees like it is here much of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back