Comcast speed doubled?

Looks like a great price if it isn't a bait and switch or they tack $50 in fees and taxes on top of the price like a lot do.
No bait and switch, it’s been the same pricing for over five years now as they keep expanding.
The reason for this is Its not corporation, As in an electric co-op the residents own the electric company and it is our electric company that carries the fiber optic Internet service.
I even get rebated every year funds that our electric co-op didn’t need. Once we move iand our account is closed you give them your forwarding address and depending how long you have been part of the electric community you will get a refund check which could be a significant amount of money.
The last couple years they have been giving credit every year on your bill, around spring time sometimes we get no bill at all fir the month sometimes the credit is more than the bill cost and the following month you get another credit, sometimes less. It’s really pretty cool, On top of that our electric is dirt cheap. I I think my yearly average is around $.10 a kilowatt hour factoring in line charge and everything else we average $.13 total

Moving from New York 15 years ago I have come to love South Carolina I don’t feel like somebody’s picking my pocket every minute of the day

Finally got my speed increase, upload stayed the same.
5D7B15C2-83B7-4308-B175-B660E59DAB78.jpeg

I'm so glad I dumped Com-Crap after a decade of over paying. When I left, I was paying $120/mo for 150/25 which also came with a 1Tb data cap.

Say what you will, but I switched to CenturyLink fiber and I'll never look back. I get reliable speeds of 1 gig up and 1 gig down (ok, 850 up 950 down) and it was all installed for FREE. Free WIFI 6 router, free to have their tech run a fiber line from the pole to my house, everything. All for $65 flat per month.

I'm so glad I dumped Com-Crap after a decade of over paying. When I left, I was paying $120/mo for 150/25 which also came with a 1Tb data cap.

Say what you will, but I switched to CenturyLink fiber and I'll never look back. I get reliable speeds of 1 gig up and 1 gig down (ok, 850 up 950 down) and it was all installed for FREE. Free WIFI 6 router, free to have their tech run a fiber line from the pole to my house, everything. All for $65 flat per month.
God I wish… we’re at $75/month. But hey… I pay for unlimited I’m going to use it! Might set a new record this month lol
13956F56-99A7-4EBA-BB11-B4238E287355.jpg

i have been paying for 100mps from comcast. did a speed test today and its at 200 mps . i know they double the speed every once in a while . Have you seen a speed increase?
Yes, this is pretty common, dont you worry, your price will climb along with the increase of speed!
Give it some time, you will see. UNLESS there is some new competition in your area.

I dont think there are limits on data usage except maybe UVerse?
Been on the internet since 1995 and never had internet with a cap.
In some areas, on some plans, ComCrap instituted a 1.2Tb data cap and charged $10 per gig above that with a cap of $50, otherwise you could pay I think $60 additional for unlimited.

In some areas, on some plans, ComCrap instituted a 1.2Tb data cap and charged $10 per gig above that with a cap of $50, otherwise you could pay I think $60 additional for unlimited.
$10 for 50 gigs, max of $100 over regardless of speed in my area… incredibly easy to do if you don’t have cable/satellite/OTA tv and stream everything.

Originally was unlimited 400/20 Spectrum, now recently is 600/20.. I locked into a few year price lock so the price has not gone up substantially with the increase speeds.

The whole house is wireless and can pull these numbers on 5 Ghz anywhere in the house and even over 100 Mbps on the 2.4 Ghz some distance outside.
I use a newer Netgear 4 antenna wifi router.

The price is ridiculous though as there's no competition nor cell service so I have to use a Verizon Network Extender for cell voice coverage (I don't use wifi calling at home) then WiFi for everything else.
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 5.23.10 AM.jpg

Back