Astound broad band: Good or not

i have had Comcast since forever . price goes up every year . i am paying $50 for 200/10. Astound seems to be running deals that offer 3 to 4 times this speed for the same price. Downside is 2 year contract. This ok as if its good i am staying .

anyone have it? how well does it work?

I think Astound bought out part of the old WOW cable network..Check dslreports.com their forum would be able to help you, I just keep remembering it wasn't that great of an option..

You can always negotiate with Comcast.

I’m too lazy to look it up but what technology is Astound using? DOCSIS (cable)? Fiber?

Astound just bought out RCN in my area NE PA, while nothing has changed other than a name. RCN made the network what it is now not Astound and it is fast and fairly reliable. I cannot speak of WOW other than if it was bad before they bought it then it probably still is. Comcast in itself is a horrible company to deal with in my area at least.

I've had Astound for only a month since we've moved back to Texas (they recently ate a company called Grande Comm) and I'm so far quite happy with it. Not only is it ~30% cheaper than the Spectrum service I had in the Midwest, but I've had only one drop-off (was a weekly occurrence with Spectrum) and their customer service has been excellent. So far, so good.

i have had Comcast since forever . price goes up every year . i am paying $50 for 200/10. Astound seems to be running deals that offer 3 to 4 times this speed for the same price. Downside is 2 year contract. This ok as if its good i am staying .

anyone have it? how well does it work?
I've had Wave and all the previous names, now Astound since 2005!

I say they are a good company. They have done some solid good things for us over the years, including at our old house running a brand new cable line from a pole closer to an unshared node because the original highly shared node cable was leaky, long and high capacitance to simple things like running another line in the house, suggesting the best router for shop and house the way we are situated and speeds we have here. No charge for these.

Service lately has been solid. In the 2005-2010 time frame they were sketchy, with numerous outages.

As for price, cable is INSANE no matter who. We only stream HS internet now. And that seems to be price jacking too.

$50 is a great price that is becoming more and more rare. You dont seem to have any issues with the service so and you are not tied to a contract with Comcast, so ...

Before you sign a two year contract with another company make sure of all the costs and make sure it's reliable. Ask them to forward the contract and READ it at your convenance without making a decision right away. To me, two years sounds nuts, like back into the dark ages. .

Back