Children Playing With Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Never heard of fireworks being illegal before. Up here you can only buy them a few days before and during the Victoris Day long weekend and the Canada Day long weekend.

The fireworks sold in Canada are the wimpy home use stuff that could not do any damage even if you tried. Nothing like the US stuff. In fact you can't bring US fireworks home with you unless you are a licensed to use them. When I was a kid we had it all as far as fireworks go, and I thought it was stupid to ban the good stuff. Now, it is likely the correct thing to do, as kids were losinf fingers and stuff. The professional display are 10X better, and you can socialize with others at the same time. No need to worry about someone burning your house down

Why not live in a rural area if you like your privacy. Then you wouldn't have to worry about neighbours with fireworks.

I lived in a nice rural area in NH, and I miss that. I had .75 of an acre. It took me 2 hours to mow the lawn, but I loved it. I've been planning to move for a long time, but it's a lot of work. Thickly settled hoods are for the birds. They just built a #$@* house about 15' away from mine, believe it or not. In my heart, I want out of here. I would love to sit in my back yard and hear nothing but a Bluejay, instead of a bottle rocket.

I'd want to own a handgun out there though, because you never know.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Lighten up! You hate grilled meat and are the first to spoil any thread about grilling with your insistent warnings of cancer. You hate fireworks, you don't like your neighbors (I remember a few of your other threads).

How about getting out of your comfort zone - go over to your neighbors and enjoy some fireworks and grilled meat. It's the 4th of July for crying out loud; you'll have fun and make some friends. I've found out the hard way that being a hard [censored] with neighbors (and it goes both ways) usually ends up being a losing battle.

I for one will be firing off a ton of mortars I got in WI tonight. I can't wait - I got a box of the big ones. Oh, and I'm going to grill some award winning Polish sausages from Maplewood meat packing from Green Bay WI with my bachelor neighbor down the street. Bring on the carcinogens.
34.gif

When I was in my 20s, my wife and I loved beer and anything cooked outdoors. My parents used to cook Polish Sausage once every week. Used to eat sandwiches made out of it too but I don't eat it any more.

We used to get Cherry Bombs and M-80s that would blow a hole in the lawn 4" in diameter and really tick some neighbors off.
27.gif

I've gotten so that I hate holidays. I no longer have a wife and I have no family and few friends. It seems that the more I try to get friends, the more hurt I get, so I live in a shell, protected.

Sorry if you think I spoiled that thread. I hoped some of you might possibly appreciate that info. I'll think twice about posting that stuff any more.

Lighten up! You hate grilled meat and are the first to spoil any thread about grilling with your insistent warnings of cancer. You hate fireworks, you don't like your neighbors (I remember a few of your other threads).

How about getting out of your comfort zone - go over to your neighbors and enjoy some fireworks and grilled meat. It's the 4th of July for crying out loud; you'll have fun and make some friends. I've found out the hard way that being a hard [censored] with neighbors (and it goes both ways) usually ends up being a losing battle.

I for one will be firing off a ton of mortars I got in WI tonight. I can't wait - I got a box of the big ones. Oh, and I'm going to grill some award winning Polish sausages from Maplewood meat packing from Green Bay WI with my bachelor neighbor down the street. Bring on the carcinogens.
34.gif

PS - I don't dislike my neighbors, but they're uninsured and playing with fireworks. I'll relax when they run out of fireworks or take them to a safe place to play with them, like 10 miles from here.

I really don't think I want to party with people that are not health food nuts. I just don't feel welcome. I'm not supposed to feel good on Holidays, you see? Men that divorce a perfectly good wife aren't supposed to enjoy life any more after that. It's the karma they deserve. Maybe if I was in love with a woman that wasn't a health nut, I could relate better to non health nuts, but I'm not, so I can't.

Don't blow your hand off with those things.

Originally Posted By: Lurch

Sorry if you think I spoiled that thread. I hoped some of you might possibly appreciate that info. I'll think twice about posting that stuff any more.

No, post anything you want. It's a free country!
34.gif

I as well have a tendency to be a hermit and much of the time, don't play well with others. I've found that I just have to go out and be social and hang out. As weird as it sounds to most people, it's a challenge for me, but I feel better when I go out and interact with the masses rather then stay couped up.

I didn't mean to be so crass Lurch.
11.gif

I don't know what to say, Lurch. A solitary life is a rough one from my perspective. My wife is in FL for some darn reason and the dogs just don't cut it for companionship at this stage.

These walls are driving me nuts.

34.gif

PS - I don't dislike my neighbors, but they're uninsured and playing with fireworks. I'll relax when they run out of fireworks or take them to a safe place to play with them, like 10 miles from here.

I really don't think I want to party with people that are not health food nuts. I just don't feel welcome. I'm not supposed to feel good on Holidays, you see? Men that divorce a perfectly good wife aren't supposed to enjoy life any more after that. It's the karma they deserve. Maybe if I was in love with a woman that wasn't a health nut, I could relate better to non health nuts, but I'm not, so I can't.

Don't blow your hand off with those things.

Try inviting them over for a cookout, just try it. If you fix something they like and things you like, it will work. set off a few mortars, have some fun. I bet you would suprise them, you might find out you enjoy the company. Hey you might even introduce them to new foods they had never thought of trying. It would be better that sitting inside alone. What have you got to lose? If you have not seen it yet, watch Clint Eastwoods Gran Torino.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

set off a few mortars, have some fun. I bet you would suprise them, you might find out you enjoy the company.

I'd probably surprise the cops too, and after me calling them last night for fireworks, they'd probably throw me in jail.
31.gif
56.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Hey you might even introduce them to new foods they had never thought of trying. It would be better that sitting inside alone. What have you got to lose? If you have not seen it yet, watch Clint Eastwoods Gran Torino.

Thank you for the ideas. I'm feeling better about socializing these days. I'm not sure if I'll do any tonight but I do more and more these days. Happy 4th to you.
thumbsup2.gif

I have liked many of Clint Eastwood's movies. Never seen GT before.

Yes, I have only two cats, but that's enough. Any more than that is too many. :)

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I don't know what to say, Lurch. A solitary life is a rough one from my perspective. My wife is in FL for some darn reason and the dogs just don't cut it for companionship at this stage.

Are you the one with the recent back problems? If so, how's that?

Never heard of fireworks being illegal before.
This area is just too dry. If a fire gets started it could consume a whole city easily. Much like the firestorms we had a few years ago. I see no reason for the average citizen to have fireworks here.

Are you the one with the recent back problems? If so, how's that?

Yes, that's me. Thanks for asking. A heavily qualified "much better". I can manage 6-7 hours sleep now due to meds. That appears to be the best therapy for the conditions. It's a double edged sword, though. I have to keep my activity level about the same or I end up paying for it later on. I can sit at the computer instead of doing wireless at the recliner.

The biggest challenge is the head trip the meds can put you through. Now I KNOW it's just a side effect, but it does a number on me in a major way.

When you come out of it (a good night's sleep) you're fine and can almost laugh at yourself; see it for what it was. When you're in there it's a very unnerving experience.

The worst thing is the television. All the non-reality/non-comedy shows appear to revolve around death. Movies are equally bad in that they all have some poignant moment designed specifically to trigger intense emotional responses. CD's ...trigger memories
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Watching that video that Stuart posted had me bawling to no end.

It's much different with a human in the house ..even if they're sleeping in the other room (I'm still in the chair).

Well, that's my self pity party for the evening.
grin2.gif
There are people out there who would love to have my problems. At least my anxiety stops at some point.

I got some "safe" stuff at the local portable box and will be going to see the pro's just down the way. Plenty of other BIG illegal stuff around here as well. I don't really mind. I can't remember the last time a house burned down from fireworks. Most of the houses here are stucco with tile roofs so they'd have to hit just right.

If your really worried about it, spray down your roof just before the fun starts.

Quote:
Good for you. I don't know many of my neighbors, and I prefer it that way. I'm one of those that likes to be private.

I have 2 cats that don't like loud noises. This is a thickly settled neighborhood and no place for fireworks, especially not rockets..

I have great neighbors because I am a friendly neighbor, know all the kids and their parents.

Bring your cats over, introduce yourself, and the little furry critters will get used to the Mortars of 49 grams of black powder, magnesium, sulfur, and titanium.

God Bless America, Fireworks, and most of all, our TROOPS.

Last edited:
Then you wouldn't have to worry about neighbours with fireworks.

Well, if you're the one making the noise, maybe YOU should be the one to move to a place big enough to accommodate your activities. See how that works? I assume you have a tiny little lot, and think it's you right to "blow everyone out"?

There's some rednecks about a half block from me. They're shooting off aerials that are shaking my house and rattling my windows. I have my truck in the garage so nothing can land on it and damage the paint.

And my poor dog is about to go nuts as well.

Of course, this is in a state where even bottle rockets are illegal.

And where are the cops?

Right now, it is 10pm. The next one that goes off is getting reported.

Lurch, Im hope you don't live in a HOA controlled neighborhood where they value ideas, values, and beliefs in terms of the neighborhood and your neighbors. The HOA board and members would get so tired of your complaints that they would do anything in their power to kick you and your family out of the neighborhood and take the home away in their hands, no matter if you pay your HOA dues, don't matter if you pay your mortage, and don't matter if you have excellent credit or not. Trust me, I've seen it happen to several families here in Fort Worth, Texas and in the end, nothing save them from the **** they went through.

Yes, that's me. Thanks for asking. A heavily qualified "much better". I can manage 6-7 hours sleep now due to meds. That appears to be the best therapy for the conditions. It's a double edged sword, though. I have to keep my activity level about the same or I end up paying for it later on. I can sit at the computer instead of doing wireless at the recliner.

The biggest challenge is the head trip the meds can put you through. Now I KNOW it's just a side effect, but it does a number on me in a major way.

When you come out of it (a good night's sleep) you're fine and can almost laugh at yourself; see it for what it was. When you're in there it's a very unnerving experience.

The worst thing is the television. All the non-reality/non-comedy shows appear to revolve around death. Movies are equally bad in that they all have some poignant moment designed specifically to trigger intense emotional responses. CD's ...trigger memories
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Watching that video that Stuart posted had me bawling to no end.

It's much different with a human in the house ..even if they're sleeping in the other room (I'm still in the chair).

Well, that's my self pity party for the evening.
grin2.gif
There are people out there who would love to have my problems. At least my anxiety stops at some point.

Glad to hear you're better.

I've had back trouble off and on for over 30 years. I used to have to go to Chiro about once a year but I went 8 years w/o seeing one this last time, which was a record. Last Fall I went to one, but just for a tune up, thinking it may help. Then about 6 weeks ago, at a flea market, the person next to me dropped something and I jerked my mid section back and threw something out in my back. It wasn't real bad like it's been before, but I knew it was out.

So, I went back to that Chiro and saw him for about 3 appointments, but he didn't seem to help, so I went to a DO out of town, and all he wanted to do was give me an injection and pills, and I refused both.

So, I called an Orthopedic office that's real good here in town, and they referred me to another Chiro. I went to him and he snapped my back again, and I'm sure it's back in now.

I'm 59 now and have had a little trouble with my left knee, and I take Glucosamine for that and it helps. They told me I'd need knee replacement surgery one day, but I don't think so if I take Glucosamine, etc. I'd get Prolotherapy before Knee replacement surgery. http://www.prolotherapy.com/

I also think Glucosamine may be good for my back, and that may be why it seemed to take my back a while to get better this time.

I know what it's like to have so much pain in there that I was afraid to move. I'd be laid out on the sofa and it would take me 5 minutes to get to the bathroom. Hopefully those days are behind us.
thumbsup2.gif

Joe

Moral of all stories is live and let live. Be polite and considerate of your neighbors. Trespass no further than you are tolerant of trespass against you ..and add a little extra to allow yourself the feeling of taking a higher road.

Beyond all that ..playing with fire and watching stuff blow up can be a lot of fun
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back