Children Playing With Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are big fireworks stores all over the place here in Tennessee. Old school buses converted to FW stores, big tents set up to sell FW, even some fire depts sell FWs, yet they say they are illegal in some cities here. In NH, FW are illegal, period. At dusk last night, this neighborhood sounded like a war zone. People were letting off rockets that flew over other people's houses, including mine. All I could think of when I saw and heard this was "Children Playing With Fireworks" yet they were mostly adults.

Seems so wrong for so many people who are already in poor financial shape to spend money FW and see it go up in smoke.

I called 911 and the police pulled into my neighbor's yard after they had been setting off rockets in every direction (from their tiny back yard) to shower all over everyone else's property, threatening to set fire to our houses. He confiscated their fireworks and put an end to the little party they were having. I may have saved someone's house from being set on fire, including my own.

I wish they would no longer allow FW to be sold. As a homeowner, I have to be on guard to defend my property every year. If one of them set my house on fire, I'd bet $$ I would not receive a nickel in compensation. They have money for fireworks but not for insurance. They are all very irresponsible, IMHO.

They say it's illegal but I'm surprised the cops can't get a better grip on it than they do. I guess they just don't have the manpower and they're overworked on the 4th anyway. I was glad to see the cop come here last night. I don't really care if they think I was the person that called the cops or not. I had to defend my home, and I did. I wasn't going to sit inside and wait for the house to start on fire, which could have happened. Most of them are renters anyway, so they probably don't know what it's like to own property..

I hate fireworks too. They are illegal here except in one small town close by. Pretty dumb to have dry brush and people playing with fireworks.

I always go to the park and watch the ones put on by the profesionals.

Never heard of fireworks being illegal before. Up here you can only buy them a few days before and during the Victoris Day long weekend and the Canada Day long weekend.

The sign outside of a rural FD the other day said "Danger of Forest Fire : Low", yet we're 7" below normal in rainfall for 2010. We haven't had a decent rain here in weeks, or even months. My back lawn is drying up again and not growing.

When I was a kid I liked fireworkers, mostly firecrackers. I didn't cause one fire or injury.. Although I have seen them cause dry grass fires, but so did burning the trash. I guess fireworks can set a roof on fire but not likely. I also liked BB guns, guns and riding the bicycle down hill with no hands. That's just how we played then.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
When I was a kid I liked fireworkers, mostly firecrackers. I didn't cause one fire or injury.. Although I have seen them cause dry grass fires, but so did burning the trash. I guess fireworks can set a roof on fire but not likely. I also liked BB guns, guns and riding the bicycle down hill with no hands. That's just how we played then.

lol pretty much the same when i was a kid, dirt clod fights too!

I guess fireworks can set a roof on fire but not likely.

Maybe not likely but IMHO, no one has the right to send burning debris onto my property. I wouldn't do it to them and I expect the same. It's also illegal.

Rockets should never be used in a congested area such as this neighborhood. Rockets belong in big parking lots, or on someone's very large lawn, where they will not fall onto anyone else's land.

Play with FW all you want, just keep your debris off of my land. Enjoy July 4th all you want to, with fireworks on YOUR land. Make all the bang noises you want to. The minute you send burning debris onto my land or over my house or onto my roof, I'll complain, and you are wrong, and breaking the law, and if I can do anything about it, you will be busted.

I don't care if it's a .00000001% chance that it may start my house on fire. The chance is there, and I will not allow it.

Next time someone says "inflation is low" send them to the FW's stand. $49 for a tiny kid's pack. Maybe $2 in China, probably charge the stand "owner" $15.

YOU might be a redneck if your lifetime dream is to own a fireworks stand.

Some localities deem them illegal, by choice. Our city, pretty much anything goes. It IS a war zone starting in about 7 hours. Stuff flying everywhere. Shake roofs. This year we have not dried out, so not too concerned. Last year it was hot and dry. Insane. One time I looked up and some shrapnel hit me on the cheek bone right below the eye. Left a mark.

I guess there is a gunpowder load limit for citizens. Not sure how many grams that is though. I want to build a liquid propellant rocket. Get something in suborbit, ballistic missile just off the coast of China and BLAMMO. Cool.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Hate Easter?

Maybe someday when you own a home in a tight neighborhood and there's all kinds of people threatening it with a few hours of letting off rockets, etc., you'll see what it's like. In the meantime, enjoy your youth.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Hate Easter?

Maybe someday when you own a home in a tight neighborhood and there's all kind of people threatening it with a few hours of letting off rockets, etc., you'll see what it's like. In the meantime, enjoy your youth.

I own a home, all the neighbors come to my house for the show, we cook out play games, HAVE FUN and set off fireworks! Its great to be alive isn't it?

I own a home, all the neighbors come to my house for the show, we cook out play games, HAVE FUN and set off fireworks! Its great to be alive isn't it?

Good for you. I don't know many of my neighbors, and I prefer it that way. I'm one of those that likes to be private.

I have 2 cats that don't like loud noises. This is a thickly settled neighborhood and no place for fireworks, especially not rockets..

Good for you. I don't know many of my neighbors, and I prefer it that way. I'm one of those that likes to be private.

I have 2 cats that don't like loud noises. This is a thickly settled neighborhood and no place for fireworks, especially not rockets..
Why not live in a rural area if you like your privacy. Then you wouldn't have to worry about neighbours with fireworks.

only 2 cats?

Originally Posted By: mechanicx

lol pretty much the same when i was a kid, dirt clod fights too!

You haven't been on the wild side until you've had cow pattie fights!! You always run the risk of a cow pattie that was dry on the outside but still wet on the inside! You can use your imagination how messy that could get.

Lighten up! You hate grilled meat and are the first to spoil any thread about grilling with your insistent warnings of cancer. You hate fireworks, you don't like your neighbors (I remember a few of your other threads).

How about getting out of your comfort zone - go over to your neighbors and enjoy some fireworks and grilled meat. It's the 4th of July for crying out loud; you'll have fun and make some friends. I've found out the hard way that being a hard [censored] with neighbors (and it goes both ways) usually ends up being a losing battle.

I for one will be firing off a ton of mortars I got in WI tonight. I can't wait - I got a box of the big ones. Oh, and I'm going to grill some award winning Polish sausages from Maplewood meat packing from Green Bay WI with my bachelor neighbor down the street. Bring on the carcinogens.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Lighten up! You hate grilled meat and are the first to spoil any thread about grilling with your insistent warnings of cancer. You hate fireworks, you don't like your neighbors (I remember a few of your other threads).

How about getting out of your comfort zone - go over to your neighbors and enjoy some fireworks and grilled meat. It's the 4th of July for crying out loud; you'll have fun and make some friends. I've found out the hard way that being a hard [censored] with neighbors (and it goes both ways) usually ends up being a losing battle.

I for one will be firing off a ton of mortars I got in WI tonight. I can't wait - I got a box of the big ones. Oh, and I'm going to grill some award winning Polish sausages from Maplewood meat packing from Green Bay WI with my bachelor neighbor down the street. Bring on the carcinogens.
34.gif

Have fun! i love the mortars, the big ones will rattle windows!!

The ones I got are the size of baseballs. They're actually one of the safest forms of aerial fireworks because hardly any "debris" falls back to the ground - everything inside explodes and burns up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back