Certified brand Lawn mower from Canadian Tire, what brand engine?

So I been looking at the "certified" brand mowers as well as Toro, and Troy Bilt. The certified mowers at Canadian Tire come with a 150cc engine, though they wont say who provides the engine.. thats what im trying to find out.. I know they also have a 174cc unit on another certified model.. im just curious to know what type of engine they use on it, hopefully someone knows and can let me know, thanks in advance!

It seems to match up to the RATO chinese engine. Ironically, I have a RATO engine in my 2010 Poulan mower, and its run great since then, problem is it didnt come with a bag and where the wheels are attached, its rusted off... one of those situations where the engine outlasted the body... I am definitely going to sit until I can find a deal!

If you're ever in the GTA I'll give you a mower. As a hobby, I repair curb finds and then give them to families in need. Last week I was in the garage and my wife asks, "Why do we need more than one snowblower?" LOL

The Certified brand from CT look like B&S to me.

If you're ever in the GTA I'll give you a mower. As a hobby, I repair curb finds and then give them to families in need. Last week I was in the garage and my wife asks, "Why do we need more than one snowblower?" LOL

Thanks for the offer, i wont likely be in the GTA area anytime soon, but im sure those families appreciate what you do!!

Hi, I have been trying to get bolt off to change the blade. Do you have lawn mower to sell? I am in the gta.

I don't sell lawnmowers but my co-worker wants to sell his, he told me today as I was working on it. I can also help you with your blade removal, if you like. Let me know.

It seems to match up to the RATO chinese engine. Ironically, I have a RATO engine in my 2010 Poulan mower, and its run great since then, problem is it didnt come with a bag and where the wheels are attached, its rusted off... one of those situations where the engine outlasted the body... I am definitely going to sit until I can find a deal!
I hear this complaint frequently about steel decks wearing from metal fatigue. All those are easily fixed with more metal and a drill for rivets screws bolts etc. But, I digress :cool:

Back