cd player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
...People still listen to CDs?
confused2.gif

Some do, if you have a CD you like its easy to pop it in and hit play.

Of course you can go through the ten or more steps of downloading, getting access into your phone, plugging the phone in, connecting to the car's electronics, etc.......

Some of us do not have time for that nonsense, we are actually paying attention to the actual driving aspect of getting around. And others, are still driving around cars that aren't new enough to have the electronic capability.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
My FXT has a single disc player, think my RAV6 had a 6 disc changer.
I would still play CDs that I had purchased and not ripped yet, and I like having CDs because I lost a big trove of digital purchases/copies when I was stupid enough to register my iTunes account using an old work email that I can't access anymore.
Now that my iPod broke and I have yet to replace it, I use the CD player a bit but mostly listen to Sirius XM.
Have you called Apple to see if they can help you?

I emailed them and they basically told me to sod off...said it was a very common occurrence for which Apple took no responsibility.
By the time I realized my problem, I'm not sure I even knew my old work email for sure anymore...was probably on my third job since that place (financial crisis job scramble). I could have made a reasonable guess, but could easily miss a dash or period.
It was my own fault, dumb thing to do...

I still buy CDs, but I don't use them in the car. All of the music on my iPod was ripped from my CD collection. I hate using CDs in the car because they clutter up the car, they inevitably get scratched up no matter how careful you are and they start skipping (usually at the best part of your favorite song), and I'm stuck listening to whichever album I selected, unless I want to fumble around trying to change the disc while I'm driving. With a USB input, I plug in my iPod and toss it in the glove box. I have access to 2,000 songs with just the press of a few buttons on the stereo. Imagine how many CDs you'd have to carry around with you for that many songs. And I use lossless formats when ripping CDs and when downloading to the iPod, so I still have CD-level sound quality.

I had to use CDs in my CR-V when I first bought the car last year, before I had the chance to upgrade the stereo. I didn't have to do that since my college days. It reminded me how much I hate using CDs in the car.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I still buy CDs, but I don't use them in the car. All of the music on my iPod was ripped from my CD collection. I hate using CDs in the car because they clutter up the car, they inevitably get scratched up no matter how careful you are and they start skipping (usually at the best part of your favorite song), and I'm stuck listening to whichever album I selected, unless I want to fumble around trying to change the disc while I'm driving. With a USB input, I plug in my iPod and toss it in the glove box. I have access to 2,000 songs with just the press of a few buttons on the stereo. Imagine how many CDs you'd have to carry around with you for that many songs. And I use lossless formats when ripping CDs and when downloading to the iPod, so I still have CD-level sound quality.
I had to use CDs in my CR-V when I first bought the car last year, before I had the chance to upgrade the stereo. I didn't have to do that since my college days. It reminded me how much I hate using CDs in the car.

A buddy of mine was/is kind of slobby and his car would always have CDs all over the passenger seat and floor back in the day.
I pushed the CDs out of the seat to sit down one night and then noticed my feet were on more CDs. I started to tell him that his CDs were all going to get destroyed when I realized one of my feet was right on top of a CD I had loaned him and the jewel case was all cracked to heck.
I'm pretty sure I made him buy me a replacement...

Of all my vehicles, only my Echo can read MP3s, but they must be burned on a CD
laugh.gif

None of my vehicles has any aux/usb/bluetooth capability.

But hey, our Sienna can read BOTH CDs and cassettes !

That makes my fleet feel even older.

Originally Posted By: Broo
Of all my vehicles, only my Echo can read MP3s, but they must be burned on a CD
laugh.gif

None of my vehicles has any aux/usb/bluetooth capability.

But hey, our Sienna can read BOTH CDs and cassettes !

That makes my fleet feel even older.

Time for some stereo upgrades!
smile.gif
Who would've thought a vehicle from 1994 would have 2 USB inputs and Bluetooth? No one. But my Bronco has them.
25.gif

Originally Posted By: JustinH
the only thing I use a CD player for in a car, is to insert a mount for my smartphone.

I think I just found the only possible use for a CD player in a car. Thank You!

The base radio in GM trucks don't have a CD player so you have to get the 8" screen option if you want the CD player.

But at least the base radio comes with USB device control, SD card, and an AUX jack!

No need for them now that major retailers are no longer going to sell CD's starting July this year. I think over the next year you will see other retailers follow.

The CD player in Our Sienna stopped working. I looked at a replacement or aftermarket but it has a Aux jack so I just plug in my iPhone...

My 2017 Fusion has a CD player. I have quite a few CDs that I have burned and still listen to them when commercial and satellite radio get boring.
I also use the USB port........ ever ever use Bluetooth.

My fiance' bought a new 2017 Ford F150 last year and it has a CD player. My 2014 Mustang also has a CD player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back