Where is my CD player ??

Many modern pop recordings - like the cold play sample in the link above - are so compressed and dirty-grungy it doesn't matter.
I had no problem hearing the improved quality with the MURRAY PERAHIA classical chamber recording - listen for "room air' and reverb tails. Or just a general feeling of "I can't listen to this" or "that sounds good enough"

Love it. What speaker were your favourites? I had a pair of KLH model 6 that were very good.
I remember heaing the AR Model 10pi and 11 when they came out at the HiFI store. Music sounded "live" if you were in an adjacent room. Fisrt time I had heard that "effect".
I think my Last fancy units were a pair of Magnepans and a hybrid Tube mosfet power amp.
My last roomate in the late 80's had a good system of some Martin Logan hybrid electrostatics and an ARC preamp and an obscure hi current power amp - I recall now it was a Bedini.
My hearng is shot now too - heriditary also.
In my last car that had a nice system, I was running the top of the line JL Audio comps, the mids were 6.5 " and the tweets were amazingly clear. Was also running two Sundown 10" subs in a sealed enclosure. Entire system was powered by an Alpine amp that pushed 125 WPC front, and 500 mono on the subs. Sorry, I don't remember any of model numbers anymore, it's been so long ago now...

In my last car that had a nice system, I was running the top of the line JL Audio comps, the mids were 6.5 " and the tweets were amazingly clear. Was also running two Sundown 10" subs in a sealed enclosure. Entire system was powered by an Alpine amp that pushed 125 WPC front, and 500 mono on the subs. Sorry, I don't remember any of model numbers anymore, it's been so long ago now...
O.k. now I am blaming your hearing loss on your car system :) Are you sure you are not 34 years old given that setup?

O.k. now I am blaming your hearing loss on your car system :) Are you sure you are not 34 years old given that setup?
I'm sure my car audio systems didn't do my hearing any good, but the bulk of my hearing loss is hereditary, and from years of work on the flight line in the Air Force. All of my audio equipment is considered ancient now days, why would you think I'm 34? I'm actually 65...

Back