Where is my CD player ??

Been gone for a few years, I think AM is next on the chopping block
Consider Bluetooth streaming 🤷‍♂️
I'm so old I can vaguely remember when one would buy a CD for the sole purpose of ICE
And you were real baller if you opted for the In Dash 6 disc charger
My first car came with a Cassette, it was Pat Cooper's An Italian Wedding 😂
My latest purchase came with Barry Manilow's Greatest hits 😭

They can pry Android Auto/Apple CarPlay from my cold dead hands 👏

Oh how did we survive before streaming ☠️
1691831983286.jpg

Here in Michigan a law has just been introduced to disallow talking on phone etc while driving. As it is difficult to determine if the phone in use is a call, texting, selecting music or using a "maps" app I assume the contributions to the income from fines will increase for the State. Not against implementing safety laws for sure, as a motorcyclist too, but if you don't have the embedded hardware (cd player, Nav system, etc.) in your vehicle, how can you work within the law to avoid a fine?

Check to see if the head unit has a hard drive or an SSD. If it does you can load your music onto a thumb drive and then load the hard drive/SSD with the music,

Here in Michigan a law has just been introduced to disallow talking on phone etc while driving. As it is difficult to determine if the phone in use is a call, texting, selecting music or using a "maps" app I assume the contributions to the income from fines will increase for the State. Not against implementing safety laws for sure, as a motorcyclist too, but if you don't have the embedded hardware (cd player, Nav system, etc.) in your vehicle, how can you work within the law to avoid a fine?
My guess is many people will still use their phones, but will do it on the sly by keeping it low on their laps and their eyes even more off the road. Hoping the unintended consequence is not more accidents.

Last time I used a CD was to play frequency tones on an aftermarket car stereo to properly adjust gain on an amplifier. I have yet to make a USB stick with .wav files of frequency tones for the new 'Digital Media Receivers' aka CD-less head units.

Been gone for a few years, I think AM is next on the chopping block
Consider Bluetooth streaming 🤷‍♂️
I'm so old I can vaguely remember when one would buy a CD for the sole purpose of ICE
And you were real baller if you opted for the In Dash 6 disc charger
My first car came with a Cassette, it was Pat Cooper's An Italian Wedding 😂
My latest purchase came with Barry Manilow's Greatest hits 😭

They can pry Android Auto/Apple CarPlay from my cold dead hands 👏

Oh how did we survive before streaming ☠️
1691831983286.png

I had the Costco special Sony Discman set decades ago that came with a full car kit that came with a Sony branded tape adapter and 12v cigarette power cord for the disc player for those long road trips.

I AA with their new 6 figure SUV.
IMG_0130.JPG

Our 2019 VW Tiguan has one in the glove box.
That's where it is on my '18 GTI. I thought it was odd when I found it since it's a single CD player. I'd expect that for a 6 disk changer. I have a CD in it which is the latest Metallica album, but I don't keep CDs in the car and it's just easier to use Spotify with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto when I still had my Android phone.

It's particularly nice using my phone as the source. It always saves my place in podcasts when I'm in and out of the car, riding in cabs with my AirPods or getting in my wife's car.

Last time I used a CD was to play frequency tones on an aftermarket car stereo to properly adjust gain on an amplifier. I have yet to make a USB stick with .wav files of frequency tones for the new 'Digital Media Receivers' aka CD-less head units.

I had the Costco special Sony Discman set decades ago that came with a full car kit that came with a Sony branded tape adapter and 12v cigarette power cord for the disc player for those long road trips.

I AA with their new 6 figure SUV.
View attachment 172338
Did you have the all in one sound sweep and lens cleaner from TDK? I probably still have one laying around, but I haven't put an aftermarket system in a car in about 10 years. I'll always have "Welcome to the TDK lens cleaner" intro stuck in my head.

My 2017 VW GTI has a CD player that I have never used. I use my cell phone, I plug in to use Apple Car Play and listen to any music or show I wish. Blue tooth also works.

Going to be quite interesting to hear about the first recipient of the fine of "talking on the phone while driving" and they say they were singing along to music... it's unusual to have warrants issued for personal information like cell records for a simple victimless penalty (it's definitely not a crime!).

What are they going to do with all the distracted bus drivers on "public" transportation routes? Their entire life at work is distraction! Oh wait, will we have more double standards?

My wife's new Crosstrek surprisingly has a CD player in a new 2023 model. But she ends up using music streaming most of the time.

We have have had "hands free" laws around here for about a decade; you are somewhat indirectly "required" to have BT to use your phone. Tell that to all the morons I witness on the interstate driving 15 under with their heads down in the middle lane.

Thank's Lazairidis and Job's - good way to addict and eventually ruin a great Nation.

Use AUX IN of factory installed stereo with portable cassette player and converter that plugs into 12V outlet . Use the earphone out of cassette player and adjust volume ( lower ) to work with volume of stereo .

Last edited:
Back