Caprice Burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Your '14 Caprice has 6.0 RWD? I thought the last RWD Caprice was the mid 90s. What have I been missing?

It was supposed to be a police car. Never went into service. It is a 2014 9C1 Caprice, it is a really a Holden Caprice, shares stuff with the G8 and Chevy SS. Ended up as a GM Demo and then went to a local dealer. They tinted the windows and put the rims on it. When I picked it up had something like 12,000 miles on it. 6.0/6l80. 355HP/385FT/lbs of torque.

Holdens are cool. The Holden Yute is the one I want, and I'm not even a truck or SUV fan.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
The tires sounded pretty sticky when you started out.

They are Goodyear Eagle RS-As. I don't really care for them. They have decent grip.

Have you dragged a Charger with the 8-speed? Might be a good fight depending on which car is lighter.

Any idea what your top speed is?

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Have you dragged a Charger with the 8-speed? Might be a good fight depending on which car is lighter.

Top speed as tested by a couple of magazines is 155.

No Chargers, but I love to surprise certain Mercedes and BMWs from time to time.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Top speed as tested by a couple of magazines is 155.

No Chargers, but I love to surprise certain Mercedes and BMWs from time to time.

So it’s electrinically-limited.

Would be interesting to see what it would do with that limiter disabled
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
The tires sounded pretty sticky when you started out.

They are Goodyear Eagle RS-As. I don't really care for them. They have decent grip.

Yeah, I hated them, and did similar to you, LOL! Sorry for the poor quality, I snagged it off my buddy's FB and don't have the original
wink.gif

How did you find such a clean ex police vehicle? Every time i see a Caprice or Tahoe police it has been crashed like 4 times and everything is really beat up on it.

Originally Posted By: dareo
How did you find such a clean ex police vehicle? Every time i see a Caprice or Tahoe police it has been crashed like 4 times and everything is really beat up on it.

It was ordered through fleet then not purchased
GM took it to show it to some agencies on the west coast. When they were done Grey Chevy got it at the GM dealer auction. Grey has sold about 5 of these to local agencies. Some were V8s some were V6s ones. They are having a hard timing moving this V8 one due to price.

Been on the lot for 9 months. Was there when I bought my Malibu.
Started at 25,000 now at 21,800. Under 22,000 was when I was going to call.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Nice. No - BEAUTIFUL car my friend!!

Thanks the more I drive this thing, the more I love it.

People who don't know can't understand how good the handling and brakes really are.

It is a shame it was not offered here as step down from the SS. So roomy, so quiet with nice torque.
smile.gif

Saw quite a few of those being used as unmarked units in SoCal. They're slightly different than the versions we get in get in the Middle East, which is basically a LHD Australian market vehicle. It's a shame they decided to pull the plug on Holden - unless you've got dough to drop on a Cadillac, you're not getting a RWD sedan no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back