Can you trade in 2 cars for new vehicle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Dealer will give you close to nothing. He'll take money out of the margin on the new vehicle (plus incentives and part of holdback) and pretend he's giving you 2000 bucks when he's giving you 200 bucks.

That is why you should always establish the sale price of the vehicle (with all discounts and rebates) before discussing any trade ins.

Always!
thumbsup2.gif

What do you tell the dealer when he asks if your trading in a car? What do you do when the dealer changes the deal after the trade is brought in to the picture?

It hardly ever works to one's advantage. I know the number(s) I want on the new car and the trade. I don't car how they get there. High ball one-low ball the other-I really don't care.

Originally Posted By: CKN
What do you tell the dealer when he asks if your trading in a car? What do you do when the dealer changes the deal after the trade is brought in to the picture?

It hardly ever works to one's advantage. I know the number(s) I want on the new car and the trade. I don't car how they get there. High ball one-low ball the other-I really don't care.

In my case the dealer never asked, I asked him instead. That's when he told me what I said above, and we literally never discussed it until I'd essentially bought the new car.

Was offered $400 trade in for a Jetta TDI, told him i could crash it into that tree right there, and sell the engine for 3x that amount. It went private party for 4,000 even at over 300k miles.

You can even trade in two cars of greater value onto one car and get a check back.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Dealer will give you close to nothing. He'll take money out of the margin on the new vehicle (plus incentives and part of holdback) and pretend he's giving you 2000 bucks when he's giving you 200 bucks.

That is exactly what will happen. The dealer will sell the car to a used car lot to get a few hundred in profit, and the used car dealer will have it on his "we finance everyone" lot for $2,599 or so.

A friend of mine once traded two cars for one. Both cars were fairly new and not paid off - one of them was actually a lease. His girlfriend's car was actually in his name (she had bad credit and didn't qualify for the loan, and his credit was great) and the girlfriend's brother also had his car in my friend's name (same deal - bad credit. This was the leased car). Well, they eventually broke up and my friend demanded they give him back "his" cars. So they did. Now my friend had two extra cars he didn't need, and about $900 per month payments he couldn't afford. So he took both cars and traded them in on a new Camaro for himself.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Took me a few tries but he means sell it to a young person just starting their career as a car repairer or sell it to a financially deficient nurse. Not sure how those two are connected.

OP posts job openings where he works which are for electronics techs that repair/maintain some of the large machines in hospitals and clinics. OP is in the same line of work and routinely talks to nurses.

^^^This!

99% of all nurses like to drive something much newer with less miles.... they won't be interested.

I'll just clean them up for CL.

Took me a few tries but he means sell it to a young person just starting their career as a car repairer or sell it to a financially deficient nurse. Not sure how those two are connected.

Financially deficient nurse? I have yet to meet one, at least out here. Nursing pays almost six figures, right out of school...at least in our half of the state.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Financially deficient nurse? I have yet to meet one, at least out here. Nursing pays almost six figures, right out of school...at least in our half of the state.

Yep- and they can set their own hours and live in any state they choose. Not enough nurses...

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Considering a basic house in a decent area of California costs $600K+ of course they pay nurses near $100K.

Nurses can set their own hours?
What exactly do you mean by that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back